Tommy Chong Petition.

A lot of you probably know Tommy Chong was arrested for some dicky charge of posessing an unused bong. Hands up who hasn't seen pot paraphernalia openly displayed on internet pages? Anyone? No? That's what I thought. Tommy has been doing the stand up comic circuit since telling Hollywood to go piss up a rope and has his own online paraphernalia store called Nice Dreams. No doubt named after the movie he made with Cheech Marin.

Petitions. A Cheech & Chong reunion movie was cancelled because of this arrest. I think he got 9 months!

Tommy is like a figurehead for Ganja in the states. If this isn't a BS case by the feds wanting to make an example of him then I'm John Howards jock strap. It really irks me the way the US government is still trying to abolish this plant from the face of the earth after more than 70 years. It turns out one fed got caught with his pants down. His testimony was found to be false which is court jargon for 'he was lying his arse off'.

FBI agent lied

I don't think the US will ever legalise. Canada maybe but americans are too fucked up. Sorry if that sounds racist. What I really meant to say is Americans are too fucked up. Hope that clarified my sentiments. I'm not sure of the posting guidelines here. I skimmed over the rules and didn't see what kind of language was ok. Please don't ban me if I overstepped the mark. I chose the most suited colourful metaphors. Did you know that yanks spell colour as color? How lazy is that? B)

I believe, that it might be that America has been, for far too long, been subjugated to the whims of corporate overlords of that (once great) nation...too many pollies with damp pockets and just too many goddamn greedy grubby grabbers mucking things up for everyone but themselves and the shareholders. These soaks FEAR cannibis, both MJ and hemp, as it'd make redundant so many other industries, especially the detrimental ones. So let's go make Tommy Chong our scapegoat, the powers-that-be might well say...

I don't know about you, but I think there is support by these types, however tacit it appears, for all the kids to get into speed, as it allows the people to serve the nefarious ends of corporate America: get by on SFA sleep, work faster and harder, stay fearful, be fiercely competitve, be tunnel-visioned, supress any sense of simple subtle joy and not feel like the need to take it easy when you've damaged yourself. Suits their agenda to a T, if you think about it for a moment. Besides, it keeps the prats at Big Pharma well-heeled, anyway...and that's just the legal side of it.

Who said that pot induces paranoia? I thought it more like other drugs, such as (the legal and infinitely more harmful) tobacco: at work (nightfiller for supermarket), we make sure that all the cigarettes and tobacco are all carted off to the vault, so we don't get as paranoid about the relatively remote possibility that someone wants to not have to pay commonwealth excise on their gaspers...and this shop is within an enclosed shopping complex! Geez, man, or forgetting your anti-depressants and getting all fraught about the (very real) potential for other poxy side-effects in addition to those that accompany those drugs when taken in regular dosages.

But I digress. I agree with the others that I don't hate America, insomuch as the citizens or place itself; I just cannot stand how that country is now becoming a bunch of apathetic lackeys because of that manipulation, and I feel that it's sad.

as a fellow american , i have to step in here and say............that i agree with you guys, i mean they call this fucking country the land of the free, but you are still not able to make your own decisions, i mean if i want to toke half the weed on the planet who are those dickheads in washington to tell me what to do...................being in this country and not being able to smoke as much weed as i want freely makes me what to set sail through the ocean find a abandone island and start my onw country where it would be a law NOT to smoke weed.

Thé RøTTwëiLêR Ñëvê® Ðîé§........

Oh man. I love that idea. I actually did an extensive search about a year ago and found out there was heaps of islands for sale. A cool million is about the average price which is quite cheap if you think about it. Trouble is you are still under somebody elses thumb. Declaring yourself independant is hard. All these islands are part of other nations. Some people have thought of building their own islands in international waters and making up their own rules but even then you have no guarantee of success. You must have atleast one citizen which can be yourself and have to be recognised as a sovereign state by atleast one other nation who you trade with. I daresay Bill Gates could pull it off by greasing a few palms and he was looking over some islands but for the rest of us its nearly impossible. King Gates of Microsoftia? After the collapse of the USSR lots of new nations appeared and declared sovereignty. They were welcomed to the UN but now the door is practically shut. Pitcairn Island could probably do it if they wanted to but they don't. You might have to wait for affordable space travel before any new nations appear now. ::D: Edited by Chong

Sup guys

as myself being half American/ half aussie I need to say something here as well even though I don’t agree with the whole not having freedom part . I have been living in the US for 3 months of the year then coming back to Australia for business for sometime now. I have found I have more freedom in the US then I do in Australia when it comes to Lifestyle , I don’t believe you can comment on the general American Population till you have been to America and seen it for yourself and see why their so patriotic about their lifestyle , I'm not saying Australia sucks cause I love this country to the only thing I find bullshit is ceneroship in the us and that’s why I' say thank god I’m born Australian . When you can’t even say shit or ass on public radio is kind of pathetic and yet America has the biggest cocaine problem in the whole world. But one thing that really pisses me off on the Australian front is all of sudden we have become anti American when we owe them our nation remember battle of coral sea and the Japanese and mother England telling us to piss off also we can diss em and and get all hyped up in their pop culture is a bit hypocritical witch I find alot of people in Australia are becoming.

But in regards to the question from indo smoke. When the world changed to the metric system most of the governments compensated the cooperate companies changing their labels to their new measurements and so forth. The American government did not offer compensation to the cooperate world in changing to the Metric system hence why they never embraced it, because it would of cost the cooperate world to much to change to the metric system so they have stayed with the old ways. (Another thing I find hypocritical about the US GOVERMENT) and by the way that was before George bush Jr, I believe that happened in Ronald Regains day in his introduction of Ragenemoics into America. One thing I must say sucks about America is COPERATE AMERICA runs the country not the government so let’s not get that mixed up people . However i will sign that chong potetion as you are right they are trying to make a example of him and thats when shit becomes hypocritical

cheers

jar jar

I wasn't at the battle of the coral sea but my grandfather was and he doesn't have too many nice things to say about yanks. Reckons they were cowards who only flew against the japanese when they knew they outnumbered them. Loudmouthed and obnoxious dropkicks who only joined the war because the japanese sank their pacific fleet. The Japanese didn't even give a shit about the yanks. Pearl Harbour was only a message to the yanks to mind their own business. Japan had been at war with China and Korea 2 years before WW2 even started. They had no interest in our European war but were forced to choose sides. They had conquered China but still faced a lot of resiustance from the countryside and resources were running low. Then the yanks in typical interfering fashion decided it would be clever to embargo Japan so no oil could get through. They begged to get attacked by Japan and got exactly what they should have expected. Dumbasses. Even today they still interfere in other countries wars and everyone hates them for it.

I have friends who are American but their Government is fucked and has been for a very long time. They need to wake up to this fact. Personally I'm glad they freed Iraq but they do this too much. North Korea and Viet Nam kicked their asses but they never bloody learn. Strong as the US is it isn't invulnerable. Some day a whole bunch of countries sick and tired of being bullied will rise up and topple America. Then Australia will really be fucked because without the US were defenceless.

Let him stay in jail, I lost all my respect for the dude when he pleaded guilthy himself for something that is not a crime in any country in the world except for the [censored by me] U.S. States. By pleading guilthy he blocked the path for any other who was arrested to get that stupid law repealed in the American court. Something that would probably have happened if the mofo had not been such a wimp and had defended himself AND WITH HIM THE BONG/PIPES INDUSTRY.

But no, he didn't, and now he expects the people who he was earning his living from (us stoners) and who he backstabbed by cutting of their defence against that [censored again] Asscroft and the unjust US laws to help him out of that jail?

No way! I'm NOT signing that, becouse of his cowardness there are a lot more people in jails now. People should know this.

..and yes, I have been in jail and know it's not pleasant at all...still, fuck him! he's not one of us :angry:

Edited by tboat

Yeah but he made some funny movies.

I'm sure he was just doing what his barrister told him to. Most of what happens in court rooms is behind the scenes wheeling and dealing. I don't expect others to be martyrs for the rest of us. Its totally their choice and I don't hold a grudge against anyone who wants to avoid a possibly longer sentence by pleading guilty. He's an actor and comedian for god sake. They shouldn't have even gone after him in the first place but the fact that they did proves they were determined to get him. They could have kept him in lockup forever without bail awaiting a court hearing if he had pleaded innocent. I would have done the same thing. Fuck playing hero. He didn't grass on anyone or say pot was evil. I reckon he might have a few things to say when he gets out though.