planting seeds into coco

Cheers, i did use got water to break it down in a stainless bowel. But that'd work better for more pots at once.

The one in coco is pretty well dead now :( so I'm not gonna transfer the others.

I'll plant the seeds I've got into the coco later today, should I chuck them in the drobe in the corner with it on 600w? Or a CFL?

For seedling i would use a cfl . I tried seedling under a 600whps and i think it was a bit much for 1st few weeks .

If you got a premium coco you should not have to flush it. I use cyco platinum coco straight from the bag with no problems and it is only $30/50lt bag from local hydro store .

Badseed

You really want to aim for a PH of 5.8 when using Coco. A digital PH meter is essential. 5.5 to 6.2 is the range you have to work in.

I never flush the coco with plain water....Despite what people think you can and should flush the Coco with nutrient. Plain water will destroy the Buffers and trichaderma the Coco was originally treated with. Always water enough to get 20% run off. Don't water the coco slowly....flood let it soak in flood again until you get plenty of run off.

I treat the Coco with nutrient from Day 1 as recommended by the manufacturer Canna. Around 1.2 E.C. for seedlings is about ideal....Step upto 1.5 to 1.6 after 3 weeks then hit em up hard when visibly flowering.....Around 1.8 E.C. peaking at 2.0 when you give it the PK13/14 treatment for that one week period.

Treat for Gnats after the first week and continue to treat once a week or you WILL get problems I'll guarentee it! I use Clay balls as a layer on top the the Coco but it doesn't stop the Adults from laying their bloody eggs!!! I've found its a waste of time trying to control the Adults, best just to continue to kill the larvae when they hatch.

Mozzie coils are very good at keeping the adults at bay having said all that.

HPS lighting for Auto's from day 1 is ideal.

• Upvote 1