Hey Token had read somwhere about heat loss between element and. Bowl, how much you reckon is lost? Looks like I might be able to set the mighty Q a little higher.

Also and soz a little off topic but that happy with the extreme q that am really considering getting the arizer solo (their portable one) has anyone used or heard any reports about it? Looks to be pretty good for when I am sitting on some riverbank somewhere...

Anakha

I dont know how much but maybe atleast 30 degrees. I know that I am not getting any smoke @215 degrees. Maybe some nasties, who knows?

As for portables this is what I would buy

I would even buy the "normal" vape. The Wispr products seem good. Glass on glass and love the recharge of the portable. I know they both a bit of coin.

After sucking on the wand for nearly a week i have discovered that i need to set the temp at close to 200c initially to get a decent gutfull of vaporized weed and it works very well, get nicely wasted but i have also noticed that if i put enough pot in the glass thingy for the evening, the second time, an hour or so later i start sucking the temp can not be 200 but seems to need to be a fair bit lower which seems to lose some of the good stuff, i am thinking that the pot, after it has been heated initially, must dry out a fair bit more and it tends to start smoking..Soooo what i will be doing from now on is not fill the glass thingy with enough to last the night but only enough for the one session and refill it for a later session. That's my theory anyway, i guess i'll find out tonight when i crank it up..

Vape on guys..

Cheers

Z

Well i just gotta say this vaporizer is the best thing since sliced whatever :bomb: After sucking on the stinking old bong for probably over 30 years i never thought i would change but this thing is the ducks nuts!! 2 good sucks on the wand and i am smashed and a very nice buzz it is too.. I thought i would try 4 pulls last night ( on the wand that is ) and well that was a bit much for me,, had the paranoia kicking in and everything happening,, waaaay too much for whats left of my fried old brain.. It took a couple of days to suss it out but woohoo, the bongs in the bin.. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to get me sorted on the right temps to be using, much appreciated..

Vape on'

Z

Edited by zeuss

Hi guys I have a voporite blown model and I agree with all the above different buds require a bit of tweeking on the temp dial and I also am now on 185 to 200 depending on the herb consistancy ect. I have measured the air temp in the bulb I have digital heat sensors as I am in the air con industry and there is a difference (in mine) of 20 to thirty degrees from the reeding to the bowl. As mine is blown it has 3 fan speeds the higher the fan the less the temp difference, but of course the vaporisation occurs quicker so its one or two quick pulls and its over. Also loading the bowl seems to work better on less herb more often for me. If I over load it I get a nice initial 2 or 3 pulls and then the popcorn taste, but the herb furthest from the heat doesnt vaporise 100%. But what a clean up high I also would not use a bong ever again. And the taste its like fine wine tasteing you can taste all the different terpenes in the herb its unreal.