Hey guys, I have just brought a vaporizer from CTH after many years of bonging on, mainly got it for the health benefits as my missus and my lungs are getting on a bit. What temp do you folks use? i have only had it for a couple of days, first day we tried it at around 190c and it was ok, really quite a change from the bong, takes 5 mins or so to kick in, last night we tried it at 210c, the wife had a good pull of the wand and seemed to get a good hit of vapour at that temp, i gave it a huge pull and the weed in the glass fitting went up in smoke? was great, just like the bong but i'm sure that is not meant to happen.. I have read somewhere that different temps release different compounds? i guess at around 200c it would be pretty much releasing everything available? anyhoo i was just wondering what temps you fellas vape at and what different effects you get? i'm not really a Connoisseur when it comes to pot, i've been smoking for probably 40 years and really weed is weed to me, preferably bush as the hydro tends to blow my head off and leaves me with a headache, so when it comes to different effects and varietys i am pretty dumb but any advise about vape temps would be muchly appreciated..

Have a great day

Z

Gday mate

I start at 180 and move up to 190-195 usually....don't like going over 205 personally as I read somwhere that's about the temp some nasties associated with combustion kick in which kinda defeats the purpose of vaping...I do love me vaping but in truth if it weren't far healthier I would use a bong 99% of the time rather than the 25% that I limit myself to noe...

Happy vaping

Anakha

Edited by Anakha

185 deg celsius is the optimum temp..i use a digi volcano..dont go over 190!! cannabis combust's at 200 so if ya go thet high you are just smoking it!!

hash requires temps above 200 but................

I'd have to agree with that, I was told by a vape owner not to go over 350F so that equates to roughly the same.

Hey man I do 2 at 180 and 2 at 215. Any hotter and it gets a bit Smokey.

That's a good tip, I borrowed one for about 4 days and thought it was a too different stone than I like but because of lung issues I was wanting to purchase a high quality vape.

At least it makes me feel better that I'll get used to the stone

Hey man I do 2 at 180 and 2 at 215. Any hotter and it gets a bit Smokey.

2 balloons that is. I do 4 balloons from a bowl.

I have an extreme q vaporizer. The temp is what the element is not what the air temp is, so the weed doesn't get Smokey untill 230 degrees. It's more or a taste/feel thing as apposed to set ways.

As for the high, it's a funny one. When I first started on the vape I thought I made the wrong decision and got scammed ( think LEDs ) but I persevered and haven't looked back. I always felt like I wasn't getting stones and had this empty hollow feeling inside but happy days now.

2 balloons that is. I do 4 balloons from a bowl.

I have an extreme q vaporizer. The temp is what the element is not what the air temp is, so the weed doesn't get Smokey untill 230 degrees. It's more or a taste/feel thing as apposed to set ways.

As for the high, it's a funny one. When I first started on the vape I thought I made the wrong decision and got scammed ( think LEDs ) but I persevered and haven't looked back. I always felt like I wasn't getting stones and had this empty hollow feeling inside but happy days now.

Makes sense as I only get 3 balloons to a bowl that not increasing over 200 loses me about 1 balloon each bowl. Probably also explains why I still feel the need for a few bongs b4 bed....hmmm

Hey Token had read somwhere about heat loss between element and. Bowl, how much you reckon is lost? Looks like I might be able to set the mighty Q a little higher.

Also and soz a little off topic but that happy with the extreme q that am really considering getting the arizer solo (their portable one) has anyone used or heard any reports about it? Looks to be pretty good for when I am sitting on some riverbank somewhere...

Anakha