Marijuana - A Growers Lot

pipeman

Kog, if you haven't already heard of him, is a country boy from Kyogle in NSW. His life is about brewing bear, riding bikes, and growing and selling dope.

Basically this is a book of his stories about growing and selling and run ins with the police and going in and out of jail. Kog is a crazy bastard and most of the stories are pretty hilarious. I was laughing most of the way through the book.

Its not really a growers book, and although Kog can grow some big plants, there's a lot he doesn't know about growing and about pot in general, and really fits the stereotype of the commercial grower who produces shit weed.

Its well set out and written, and full of black & white and colour pics.

Anyone who is inspired by this book is as crazy as Kog. The guy is lucky he's not doing serious time IMO. But it is an interesting read and fucking funny.

Available through Oz Stoners.

Few pics from the book attached.

post-92-1075405208_thumb.jpg

Edited by pipeman

Kog, great to have ya here.

I have the book and I reakon its a damn good read, it is one of the inspirations that have led me to looking at starting my first grow.

Anyone who hasnt got the book yet I Highly reccomend that you get one from ozstoners ASAP.

oh also had to add that you can also get an awesome grow calander for outdoors grows.

http://www.greengrasspub.com.au/

is the website for the book, but please buy it from Ozstoners.

Kog, Im a new member here on this site, but other guys here have talked about writing a more indepth growing guide for outdoors as well as hydro. DO you have any suggestions and also is greengrass able to publish their books??

Ferenge420.

Edited by Ferenge420

Guest FLOWER

:) Hey there Kog,

:) Sounds like an interesting read to me......i'll be picken it up .

Very nice tree you have your head stickin outta there mate.......may i inquire as to what strain it was ??.

:) Hope you do decide to intro yourself and come on board this crazy ship......this place is invalueable BECAUSE we have a range of opinions and growin styles (each to his own ;) ) and you obviously have a good deal of experience to share.

FLOWER :)

I wouldn't hold your breaths for a reply. I sent him an email about 3 or 4 days ago and only just now got a reply. My book is in the mail. Looking forward to laughing my head off. I love MJ tales.

Hi Ozstoners,

Seem to be having a lot of computer troubles this year.

Hey Chong, I try to answer all emails.

Hey Flower, The book sure spins peoples head around. Have had a lot of good feedback.

Hey Wade, might just do that.

Hey Ferenge420, for sure have a go at writing a grow guide. We need more people to have a go against the system. I'm just a little bloke living out in the bush with no money (it comes and goes if you know what I mean). Greengrass Publishing is just me, no one else. So I doubt I'd be able to help out.

Up the system,

Kog

Thanks for the book Kog. Very enjoyable reading and I'm up to page 124. April of your good year. You certainly had a go.

Do you cut your clones properly? From what I read it sounds like you just snip them. Try cutting across the stems at a 45 degree angle mate. More surface area for the new roots to form after you dip it in clonex. You get a more successful rate of survival and they get established a little quicker. When taking clones I just clone all the best looking plants during veg and keep a note of which came from where. Not really hard. I just use colour coded labels, maybe with symbols.

If you are keeping the clones indoors with artificial light you can start them off a few weeks before your outdoor babies bud. Then simply look at what happens to the flowering plants and rip out the coresponding hydro. Males, hermies and weak looking things outdoors you obviously dont want as clones. When you find that ideal plant its coresponding clone should be vegged up nicely and you can take a whole heap of clones off it for your next grow. Just an idea. Ofcourse a hydro setup can bring a lot of paranoia with it.

Guest FLOWER
Hey Flower, The book sure spins peoples head around. Have had a lot of good feedback.

I'm hearin it Kog :P . Supposed to be a great read. Can't wait to get my hands on it, it's on the shoppin list for this week :o.

Will look forward to when you get over your computer probs and get around to sayin hello ;) :P .

FLOWER :D

Hi Chong,

Always have good luck with cloning. Piss easy. Although wouldn't bother with indoor anymore (way too paranoid).

I've seen a bit of the video "Sea of Green" which is what you've on about, I think. Seems like too many plants in the one spot and too much work.

I prefer to grow a few plants over winter then come Spring (after you've harvested your heads) the females will regrow new leaf and tip and then you take clones from those pure females for your next grow season (Spring to Autumn). Works best with predominantly sativa strains

Cheers,

Kog