Help on Vapourisors

IMPORTANT INFO.

When vapourising for medical purposes the vapouriser needs to be set on 220C to release the anti inflammatory compounds otherwise you might get the increased blood flow from blood vessel dilation but you do not get the anti inflammation protection/pain relief. We learnt this the hard way.

Terpenes have boiling points at much lower than 220c and are known to encourage anti-inflammatory responses and modulates the cannabinoids effects on the body; their absorption or assimilation in the body. The terpenes have to be considered as thereapeutic components themselves. I would suggest buying a digital volcano vape from ozbongs or something if you can afford it; its worth the coin.

I cant speak for less superior vapes though, never used one.

Edited by _Puff_Tough_
  • Upvote 1

My wife has a spinal injury and the anti inflammatory elements are critical to her. We were wondering why the effect was hit and miss until a chemist friend researched it for us and found out that one of the compounds had to be heated to 220c to release it. Yes the terpenes evaporate earlier but do not seem to provide the strong effect my wife needs and sometimes cannabis sends her back into spasms if vaped under 220c.

It works at 220c so thats all i know. I thought i would post the info here so others would not go through the confusion that we have had.

Good Info on temps here. I have settled on 180 with bud that is dried and cured. But I'll give 220 a run, 205 is as high as I've tried.

http://www.zamnesia.com/content/284-vaporizer-temperatures-for-cannabis

The more sedating cannabinoids vape around 220.... If the highest youve run your material was 205 i hope you have kept the material, run it at 220 for a sedating high.likely cbn; the sedating of the cannabinoids. CBNS boiling point of around 212c - shoot for 220. I bet your vape hits were kinda upbeat or uplifting huh? I would advise to not run the vape at 220 after youve already run it a few times at lower temps as the terps evaporate off at much lower temperatures and as they modulate the effects of the cannabinoids on the body i find that its wise to for instance run it at 190c for say 1.5mins, or 30secs to a minute after the vaporiser bag was totally inflated, grind the material and then run it at 220 for the same ammount of time. Even running the material through the vape once more at 220.

I have investigated vaped material under a high powered microscope and have found that unless you hit 220 a few times there are still 'actives' within.

To tinker you can aim for a vape bag full of a particular terp and a particular cannabinoid with a vape like the volcano purchased from ozbongs. Ozbongs are quite possibly the best online headshop in oz and im not even on the payroll! Shop around.

I am looking forward to some of the more versed members to start experimenting with rosin tech; hair straightener and parchment paper. No solvent, clean and does not decarboxylate in the limited ammount of time that heat is applied. Its the future, solventless extracts. fuck tane'. I am not currently in the position to experiment with the tech which is personally deeply depressing so i trust that somebody will tinker around with the next hype in the canna world.... sorry im a little off-topic.

l8r,

Edited by _Puff_Tough_
  • Upvote 1