Temperature/Humidity Levels: 24 - 28c, 30 - 50% rh

Air Flow/Fans etc.: fans

Lighting Type : 400w HPS and 100w CFL

Total Wattage: 500w

Growth Stage: flowering

Plants Age: 31 days from breakingthe soil

Cannabis Strain: Lowryder

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out. I have some lowryders that I got from Bonza seeds, they are about 30 days old and are getting very tall for lowryders and dont seem to be slowing down in upwards growth.

Currently they are ranging in height from 24 - 26 inches or 60 - 66cm. This is near double what I initially thought they would grow to.

So while Ive been growing them Ive been using this dodgy soil spike ph meter from bunnings to measure PH and I found out yesterday that its been completely wrong. I got a digital ph meter and found out that my soil ph may be really low. The water and nutes I put in were ph 8 and the run off was ph 5.5, does that mean my soil ph is really really low? Would that account for large plants? I got some PH up and PH down to try and adjust it a bit.

Does anyone have any idea why these things are getting so big?

thanks a lot,

clif

post-47401-0-67475600-1334302219_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-78798000-1334302239_thumb.jpg

Are they showing any signs of flowering? I can't really tell from your pics. It is possible that you are not growing autoflowering plants hence why they are still vegging. If so you better put them on 12/12, and depending on how big your space is you may need to cut them back beforehand so they don't get too big.

Naycha :peace:

]Hi Naycha,

Im pretty sure theyre autoflowering. They are on 18/6 and have a lot of white hairs around the top bud site and at where all the preflowers are. Is this a sign that they are without a doubt flowering or is this just pre-flowering?? Its my first grow and thats one thing Ive been having trouble working out, how to know when they are defininatively flowering.

I'll post a pic of one of the tops, the colours off because of the hps light that was on at the time.

When i got the seeds form bonza they came with a piece of card that was part of the orignal lowryder packaging I assume, so they should be lowryders.

post-47401-0-54130300-1334315177_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

I just wanted to bump this as these lowryders have grown another 3 - 4 inches since I posted this so theyre now pushing 30 inches and are getting very close to being too big for my grow area.

In response to naycha these are definately autoflowering, 18/6 is the light schedule and I am certain they are flowering now. Will they stop vertical growth now that they seem to be in the full swing of flowering?

The fact that they are quite large does that mean I may yield more or will the bud just be more spaced out?

Any advice as to whats going on with these freaks is appreciated.

edit - oh one other thing I wanted to mention is that these are 'Vision' brand lowryders. Does anyone have any experience with Vision brand seeds?

Edited by fishburgr

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I got up today and theyd grown another 4 inches overnight lol. As far as tying them down I guess it's an option but the cupboard is pretty much full in all dimensions so I'm thinking I may have to just take them out of the cupboard and mount the light somehow on the roof.

The reason I chose autoflowers for an indoor grow was because its my first grow and when I ordered the seeds I really had no idea what would be ideal and I didn't even really understand the whole 12/12 to flower thing, so I got autos to simplify things.

So shroomy do you think they should top out at about a meter tall. They're about day 33 at the moment and are about 32 inches tall?

Its hard to say honestly mate... not to sure where bonza seeds gets there auto seeds from... you deff got the better genetic side of things that is for sure.... make some seeds and keep em stashed away is all i am going to say for now ;) it would seem you have some of the better genes to do with LW :) she is really fruity smeller and the high is great... i hate that type of high that hits you like a ton of bricks and you feel like you want to vomit for the next few hours... make some BUDDER with her and you will truely under stand why this strain has a cault following and it has been used as the bread and butter of the auto flower game for the last 5 years :) p.s a little CO2 makes LW explode like a atom bomb :)

Maybe thats whats causing all this growth then, Ive had a bottle of yeast and sugar in there creating C02 the last couple of weeks, every few days Ive been emptying it and refilling it.

Unfortunately these are feminised seeds and all 3 of them are females so there wont be any seeds this time.

I'll say one thing about them, they are ridiculously hardy, like I pretty much made every noob mistake in the book and did everything in my power to kill them at the start and theyre still powering on. One of them was even a bit deformed at the start because the seed shell didnt come off properley and I didnt know wether to take it off or not. I'll post up a few pics of the grow so you can see how slow they started and how much they took off in the last 10 days.

I'll definately try some of that budder on your recommendation :)

Here are some progress pics,

Day 4 - Note the tiny little first set of true leaves on one of them, they got stunted by the seed shell.

post-47401-0-29430900-1334501327_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-56098600-1334501331_thumb.jpg

Day 11

post-47401-0-17532200-1334501411_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-17410200-1334501414_thumb.jpg

Day 14

post-47401-0-63659700-1334501471_thumb.jpg

Day 23

post-47401-0-90907900-1334501514_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-08264000-1334501521_thumb.jpg

Day 33

post-47401-0-37128500-1334501565_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-82418100-1334501568_thumb.jpgpost-47401-0-12321100-1334501574_thumb.jpg