Heat stress, cooked my girl.

well it may be better to start again. the cost of running the whole set up for another 2 mths may not be worth it with a decreased yield and probably quality.

just wondering whats a co2 setup worth? and whats it cost to run?

Co2 was surprising cheaper the way I've gone about it instead of buying from a shop as a kit, went to welders world got a co2 reg n flow meter for bit over 100$ solenoid had a few laying around at work for dif water systems, just need 1/2in inlet and out let so adapted to suit, went to pneumatic shop got 6mm air line and push on fittings was under 50$ and the cost of bottle on top, and I've borrowed a co2 meter from a friend who's not using his they prob dearest part I'm still hunting for one or when can afford will get a controller, works very well just need fans on the ground stirring it all up and to keep an eye on it closely for first few days if you don't have a controller. Done alot of research on it, but would you believe it can't find any info on problem at hand.

I did do a fresh nutrient change with veg nutes first then approxamatly 1 week later when changed light cycle I changed to flower nute then and also added some floralicious plus, at this time, was told it helps if plant has been stressed. What do you mean by start flowering nute to earlie? As in plant is not ready or grown enough?

During the first few weeks after changing to 12/12 lighting the plants go through a transitional stage before flowering... many people call this period "stretch" because the plants gain height very quickly.

The rapid growth associated with "stretch" requires a lot of nitrogen. If you change over to flower nutes at the beginning of 12/12 the plants will not get the nitrogen they need. When there is insufficient nitrogen available to the roots the plant will begin to recycle nutrients from the oldest leaves to continue growing. The result is as you describe, the plant doesn't grow very quickly and the leaves continue to yellow and fall off.

Flowering nutrients aren't really needed until you can see obvious clusters of pistils, usually around 3 weeks into 12/12.

For future reference - keep giving them veg nutes for the first 2-3 weeks of 12/12... change over to flowering nutrients when the plants stop stretching and/or you see obvious clusters of pistils (with indica dominant plants these two things usually occur around the same time).

Edited by lou lou
  • Upvote 2

Ok I did not know this, I've just started into week 4 of flowering and clusters of pistles didn't really show till half way through say week 3, and most of the new growth had alot of yellow in them but is starting to green up now, I think it mite be ok from what you are saying the new flowers and pistles coming through are roughly 5milimeters big with say 10-15 pistles on the bigger ones, does this sound about right? I just thought it would be coming along quicker but from what you are saying sounds pre close to what been happening I thought because it lost so much leaf that that it mite take so much longer, I think it is contributing to it tho too but not the whole cause, I think I'll leave it for another week or 2 and see how the progress is goin then. Thank you you've been a great help.