Almost ready to harvest

S'Goin on?

• Grown from seed since September.
  • Should be 7 feet tall but with LST bent her down to 5 feet.
  • See pics of how main stem recovered from being snapped during LST.
  • I simply imobilised the snappage and let her do her thing and continued with LST on rest of her.
  • 40 litre pot, strategically placed on top of soil so I wouldn't have to transplant to bigger pot or worry about being root bound. I suspect she's grown into the soil beneath.
  • Soil composition 50% Coir, 25% Perlite, 25% Vermiculite.
  • 100% organic worm castings (and worms, they guys are great, they burrow and make holes to oxygenate your soil, not to mention deliver their shit right to the roots) since seed.
  • Went away for a few weeks over chrisy and ny so with zero care, I think she went out and got a sex change, she'd turned hermaphrodite on me, not sure if it's climate or genetically induced.

post-47731-0-34719300-1333084122_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-24860900-1333084128_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-35302200-1333084134_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-92205300-1333084137_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-70583000-1333084152_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-42657200-1333084174_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-75963900-1333084193_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-30215900-1333084217_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-22008200-1333084249_thumb.jpg

post-47731-0-07554700-1333084279_thumb.jpg

nice looking plant. Interesting point about the worms. I never had any luck with worms in pots.. I have found plants in pots die or become ill when worms are involved. Here is at least one person who agrees with me . http://tropicalhorti...ted-plants.html

Here's a quote from the comments

"Dr Francis Ng said...

A few earthworms in a large container holding a large well-rooted plant are unlikely to damage the plant. The danger is to young plants in small pots. Mon May 02, 07:16:00 PM PDT"

So maybe it's all about the age and ratio?

Edited by Cerberus

Cerberus. 7th year this year.

I think they hermied because they were originally from hermie seeds however there was a week of real hot whether over summer so not sure of this had an effect.

Worms and casting only introduced once she was established. Used worm wee and tiny bits of casting when seedling.

In terms of soil placement, I made sure to drill more drain holes under the pot for drainage and roots to shoot down. Remember big plant needs big roots. Simply place it in a spot with soil under and sit move it. So think about where you want to place it. Any garden bed really. Don't move the pot once roots have shot down, you'll severe the roots and thus making the plant work harder to establish more roots when she could be growing.

nice looking plant. Interesting point about the worms. I never had any luck with worms in pots.. I have found plants in pots die or become ill when worms are involved. Here is at least one person who agrees with me . http://tropicalhorti...ted-plants.html

This bloke refers 'earthworm's in general, I'm sure there are loads of species of earthworms, which one is he on about? About mine, read part about 'relationship to humans', http://en.wikipedia..../Eisenia_fetida

Worms were introduced when plant was well established, I used them as consumables, as in, I knew they were going to wriggle away from me pot in search of food. I'd get some from me worm farm and chuck em in with the castings. Inside me farm, the little buggers would only congregate on the surface to eat/breakdown whatever I chuck in there. Without me chucking stuff in, they'd escape looking else where for grub.

Me pot has lots of holes in the bottom, I'm sure they either perished from lack of food (once in the pot) or migrated somewhere else looking for food.

Edited by bsnger

hi bsnger , top looking plants bending em over deff gives you heaps a good tops connie_waterbonsai.gif , what you feeding them ? its a good time of the year march / april ,

i dont no to much about breeding / gnetix but i would deff stay away from anything thats been near a tranny / hermie :hunter2: i would say gnetix is the falt , is it only 1 or both a them

Cerberus. 7th year this year.

I think they hermied because they were originally from hermie seeds however there was a week of real hot whether over summer so not sure of this had an effect.

Worms and casting only introduced once she was established. Used worm wee and tiny bits of casting when seedling.

In terms of soil placement, I made sure to drill more drain holes under the pot for drainage and roots to shoot down. Remember big plant needs big roots. Simply place it in a spot with soil under and sit move it. So think about where you want to place it. Any garden bed really. Don't move the pot once roots have shot down, you'll severe the roots and thus making the plant work harder to establish more roots when she could be growing.

Plant hermie seeds, get hermie plants. Your not going to get females from a hermie plant, the hermie trait becomes the dominant in the seeds.

Still a nice plant, few seeds never hurt anyone, just this year........ bin them seeds and get some decent genetics for next year.

Had a mate used to give me seeds, he fancied himself a bit of breeder, but all he had was a buch of hermied plants cause they came from hermied stock. Went there one day, couldn't believe me eyes, I swear, every plant had buds full of seeds and flowers on them, and he couldnt figure it out........hmmmmm.

Hope ya enjoy ya smoko man, just pick seeds out and chalk it up as a lesson well learned. Peace. Nibbler.