Cutting down the green taste

Yeah WP, I don't see why you couldn't use it. So long as you have control over the temp and you maintain a good eye over it you should be fine. :D You can cook the shit in a bloody steel drum over a bonfire if you like, won't vouch for the flavour that way tho... mmm rusty... ;)

Yeah, long and slow, and for the love of god don't leave it alone for any period of time. If you're prone to being stoned and forgetful, then set the timer for every 10mins so you can check on it again after you've set it up to the low boil stage. Ideally, you'd just sit right next to it and keep an eye on it all the time. A couple of good books could be handy. ;)

Yeah, I've never tried marg... I'm not sure if thc is soluble into seed oils which are usually used as the base for margering as well as the fats present in butter... And I don't know how well the stuff might work, but you could give it a burl I suppose... Won't guaruntee the results tho, as marg usually separates out when it's cooked for long periods. ;)

think you may have missed just one there pipe. 

Long cooking for the butter to enhance it's strength. The longer and slower you cook the water/butter and mj together the better the resulting butter will be. To the point of some people I've heard doing it for 24 hrs.... (That's an exceptional instance,). Try a minimum of a couple of hours, but the longer you keep the mixture just below boiling point together the better and more potent the butter will be. 

Not exactly a method for reducing the green taste, but the more potent the butter is, as you said, the less you have to use in whatever cooking you do. 

cheers Luke, its always the most obvious things you miss ::D:

Urbanhog advised me ages ago to use the fattiest stuff possible so that there was maximum extraction of the THC into the fat/butter.

Try using "Ghee" its clarified butter traditionally used in Indian cuisine (amongst others)

What is Ghee? It's is basically butter that has the milk solids and water removed.

Available in most supermarkets in the asian/world food aisle. Comes in a dark green can/tin.

Has a very high fat content. Perfect for THC absorption.

But I guess it would depend on what you intend to cook with your canna-butter, sorry canna-ghee.

:D Tugboat ;)

Yeah, good one tugboat. I used ghee a loooong time ago when I made some pan butter, (no water method) and it was crappy and foul tasting, but that wasn't because of the ghee.... :D

I noted on the bottom of my solidifyed butter when I made my water method cannabutter, there was a paste of scum on the base of the butter in the bowl. Not too sure what it was, perhaps this is the cream and other solids in the butter coming out. Anyway, I'd be interested to see if you've encountered similar scumming underneath the butter when using ghee... Just a thought.

Anyone else get that stuff? What do you do with it? I think I've got a pic on the boards here somewhere.... ;) It was a rather badly lit one I remember...

You can also make your own "ghee" of sorts by clarifying the butter yourself. ;)