seed wont germinate properly ?

yeh, i dont wanna upset anyone, because i am grateful for any advice from anyone but i always thought afganistan was a really hot country, would this not mean afhgani seeds need a hotter temp? Or is this just a brand name for the seeds  not indicating country of origin??

The average temperature in kabul in summer is 24 deg.c.

The average temperature in winter is -3 deg.c.

So think colder.

I sprout mine at about 15 deg.c. with 95% success rate this year.

I soak overnight then put between paper towels.

Maybe a few days in the fridge before sprouting to make them feel they had an Afghan winter. You can also freeze them with no harm.

Cheers,

Minty

Yeah, and it's soil temp you're aiming for, not ambient air temps. These seeds sprout in the early to mid spring in nature, to grow on through the summer and flower in the late summer/autumn period. The soil temp at germinating is actually quite low, around the 20-25 degree mark, although it does vary.

The thing is, the less temp there is the slower processes occur, but the hotter, the more effort is had to be taken to maintain the optimum for the seedling... So extremes will work, but less efficiently than at their "ideal" which would be slightly diff for most strains anyway. You may not get many seeds to germinate out of a bunch, ya know? :D

And yeah, afghanistan is cold. Just because something comes from an area where it appears close to the equator, doesn't mean that the temps necessarily correspond. The altitudes at which the plants grow determine to a very large degree the climate they're in... Something may grow smack bang on the equator, but if it's at 2000m it's going to be colder, and more stable temp wise... ya know? Anyway.

Hope that helps.