seed wont germinate properly ?

Hi, anyone got any ideas? i bought some afgani seeds by mail and they wont germinate properly, ive tried all the normal ways, paper towels, direct sowing etc. All that happens, the white tip comes out a fraction and goes back again, wont extend at all. The seeds have been kept at a pretty constant 30 degrees while germinating. Do these things need a hotter temp? :D

30 is hot.

anyways, I never seen a seed come out and then hide again, there not snails, usually they either grow or the root tip goes brown.

with hot temps like that its easy for fungal shit to kill the seeds , check the seeds and see if the root tip is still there but gone brown and shrivelled, and if it has chuck them out.

Really there is only one go at germing seeds, if it dont work the first way you did it then your pretty stuffed.

overwatering or drying out are the 2 biggest seed killers. keep the paper towels moist at all times, but after watering with a mist bottle, tip the plate 45deg to drain away the excess water not being held by the towels, and visit them often, every 3-6hrs.

I dont usually use a heating method, well kinda, just pop the plates in my cloingin area.

If you could've been bothered to read my reply I told you they were too hot.

Its your fault you killed your seeds, Zell didn't help with his clueless advice, but you do not deserve a new packet, when you do get the new seeds listen this time and dont set any method of heating over 25deg, even that will get too hot.

I dont know where you live but in australia you will not need any method of heating right during months without frost.

I didnt mean to upset you cluster i did read your post but already tried most things in it . shit, 30 degrees is the inside temperature of my house. If i can survive in it how come my seeds cant, I never had any problem germinating before. I was just wondering if these afghani seeds needed some different temp or something As ive only ever grown generic bush plants before and never had any problem germinating. I tried for 12 days, paper towel, direct sowing and even bought some rockwell cubes but nothing sprouting. I wouldnt have asked if i hadnt tried my best

shit gultom I came across an arse mate, bit stressed at the moment.

sorry, sorry to zell as well, shouldn't be an arse like that, anyways, I'm a dick, good luck with the next go, I'd say they rotted though them ones, the shrivelling of a root tip could look like it was going back in.

anyways, good luck with the next ones, I grown Afghani#1 from sensi seeds its great shit, a real cunt to manicure though, but nice smoke and grow.

good luck.

try not to disturb them once the root tip has popped out. Also, your seeds should be in the medium way before the grow tips have a chance to shrivel up. Keep em moist and as soon as the seeds crack plant em. and don't dig around to see if they doing anyhing, all you'll do is damage them. good seeds usually crack within a day or two and pop up as seedlings within another couple of days. some seeds can take up to 2 weeks though.