The jedi seed quest is on...

High all. :( I hope this post finds you with the force leading you strongly.... :(

This is an open call to arms in assistance of a jedi. I am troubled, as my communion with the force, (my buds) has not been quite as strong as of late. This is probably because I've grown the same plants for the last 2 grows... :D

I'm looking for a new strain, and I'm asking the members of ozstoners to help me. I'm open to all suggestions, but I'll deliniate the needs I have of the strain here before you go posting everything and sundry. Please don't just post something saying "x seedbank is the best, all their strains are better than anyone elses" I'd appreciate a clear suggestions giving strain name, specifications, (indica/sativa % if known, potency, yeild, flavour, size, flowering time,) and where to find it. Thanks :D

Anyway, I'm looking for a clean, up high, but one which is still capable of making me very stoned should I smoke enough. I don't have much room, (see my growing threads for dimensions and a look at my growing space) and the space is also prone to high temps. I'd like it to be moderate to high yeilding, although I'm willing to trade away some potency for flavour if it's that good. I prefer sweet and fruity scented weed to acrid and sour flavours and smells.

I'd prefer one with a flowering time of under 60 days if possible, although I know that's a fairly stringent requirement. (along with all the others.. sheesh...) I'm not plannig on growing out more than two or at the absolute most 4 plants to flower, and the plants will be cloned for this. I won't likely be flowering the mothers, they'll be growing bonsai.

Well, there is your mission, I hope that the call is answered by some out there. You are needed soon my friends. The summer is upon us and I must prepare for the coming autumn growing season. The force may well and truly be gone by then.... ;)

Thanks to anyone who reads and replies to this. Boulder has made a suggestion of Manatuska thunderfuck, I think that's how it's spelled.... ;). I'm sure someone here will correct me.

you don't ask for much do you? :( Anyhow, here's my 5 cents....If you want something a bit different and can handle possibly stretching your flower time to 65 days (55-65 is given by the breeder, you might make it in ) then Chimera Malibu would fit your requirements. Nice fruity sort of flavour, decent size buds suitable for a small space.

This guys strains are my favourite to grow so far. Available from DrChronic seeds and a few other places (Chimera is really fussy about who sells his seeds apparently) You might also want to check out his Frostbite or C4 (if you want a fast finish) if you want to get totally off your trolley without the couchlock effect but they aren't as fruity as the malibu (not acrid or sour). (Aurora and Schnazzleberry are couchlock city )

Check them out, you wont be dissapointed :D I must find food....

:P

i didnt see this thread earlier and im a bit worried that no-one has come to the jedi's assistance :P

I would like put in my 2cents but ive only just started out and am still learning....... tho i have smoked a strain called "Northern Lights" that sounds just like what you are looking for luke, nice clean fruity hydro :rolleyes:

all the best for your grow luke!

:D

Guest Wilderbud

NL sounds good.

Im new at strains so I have no idea - I really liked the Mango taste and mellow/hazy high so its my dream seed for now although Ive only had less than 5 known strains.

If you get a good NL mum you will not go wrong. I've grown it out several times, and like it a lot. It won the cannabis cup many years ago, and many strains have been developed and flogged off from the original NL genetics. (White Widdow comes to mind)

I noticed that SPC has clones of Red Devil. This is a less known strain internationally, but is a very stable, high yeilding forgiving plant, that is grown by a few of the commercial guys in Sydney. It's smoke is not all that smooth, but it has a good high. I like it, because it is one of the few strains that I don't get used to. Problem when you grow your own, is that you end up with a lot of bud which gets smoked regularly. I get immune to most bud pretty quickly, whcih is why I try to mix it up a bit. Red Devil doesn't seem to loose effect.

I have found that it takes up to 8 months or so, to get a good strain going from seed. By the time you grow out ten, take cuts of all the girls, flower, dry and cure those girls, test smoke etc, and then grow up the keeper to take more clones up for a decent grow, many months have passed.

You don't select a keeper by looks alone. It should be a good smoke, good grower, dense nugs, with close nodeswhile growing, low leaf/flower ratio, easy to clone etc etc etc.

I have a few mums of different strains, some of which I have had for years. If you get clones, all this work has been done for you. :P

Another goody that I like is SuperSkunk. Massive heads, good uplifting high, which will knock you over if you have one too many splifs. Just a little bit succepable to mould though. I upped my ventilation a lot, and cured that aspect. Buitiful rich smell while growing as well, which I love, but others may find that unhelpful.

Having said all that....... I've got some bronze whaler seeds coming from mjoz at the moment.

Good luck with choice :rolleyes:

fossil.

p.s. Luke, check your PM. :D