Best soils For Outdoor Grows

hi aryan , ive hurd a bloke say he useto do a sheep under his plant , it was dry summers to back them days he told me the thick wool stays nice n wet something like that , was over 15 years ago , lol he swears by it , an as loose as you can organic as you can for the soil on top , never seen it done but .

a mate would put couple fish under his went well to easy to carry to ya spot than a dead sheep on ya shoulders ,

-RiverRat- & Auntynorm are onto it. Outdoor PH testing is a neglected necessity, Guerilla Growing is Great and dead animals are not for everyone. If it wigs you out you can try this winning recipie.

Dig a pit and fill it with 6-8 bags minimum of Premium Normal, or Organic, Australian Standard potting mix, (the ones with the ticks) they are ideal PH balanced, texture and structured and pre-composted so you can plant into it right away and they usually contain enough fert to get em off to a good start.

Mulch it with Australian Standard, blended and composted manure, 3-4 bags . Put a third of each on at the start, and the rest later when your plants are big and established.

A thick layer of pea hay will keep in the moisture and feed the plant and microbes as well.

Mix in some benificial bacteria and mycorrhizal fungi, which are biological fertilisers and will thrive on some premium blended rock dust, along with a fortnightly feeds of liquid seaweed and fish via foliar and soil application.

Plant a single pre-sexed female in the middle of the pit early season. It's involving but rewarding and

Works Wonders... :hunter2:

just be careful when dropping animals and/or fish into your hole/s.. if you are going to do this it is reccomened that it is done in the winter so it give the animal/fish to break down and the nutrients become availble to the plant... it also give the animals in the area a chance to have a sniff and dig in your hole b4 the plant is dropped in the hole... if you have ever lost a plant to some animal digging it up you will understand these simple rules.

I heard that dead sheep tell no lies!!!! I have a burried a few small animals in my back yard ( Pets that can't live next to a main road) and anything that grew next to them did really well even the grass looked green. But the only advise I could give for sure is make sure you dig that hole pretty deep as there is no smell just like decomposing flesh but that is just my opion.

On another note I use chalrie carp around the yard allot, and have just started to try it on the babies and that is just hole carp (A bloodly pest of fish to Aussies waters) blended into a pulp still a bit chunky so hard to user in a spray bottle works good in a water can, and it works really well for enrinching soil and helping plants and vegies get a kick along. But like I said I have only started to try it on my babies so who knows how they will take it.

I'd say if your soil is just plain dirt from out the back to add some stuff like, Sheep Shit, Blood n Bone, Garden Lime, Mushroom Compost and Soil Improver, they sell big bags of it at City Farmer's, hope this helps.. :)

post-48519-0-95585000-1340769449_thumb.jpg

Hi Panter do you have the ok to post thise pick of those girls, this is a public froum and can be looked by just about any one including the law and bring them some unwanted attention from the law.

My be a good idea to change them...

• Upvote 1

I'm with you river rat. The nicest soil is moist and near a creek. When you choose a spot, it's better to find one that already shows promise, with soil that is black and yields easily with your shovel. Add to this any local humus or nice top soil found under leaves. Any soft greens like grass, nettles, leafy green weeds make a nice mulch.

The American Indians always planted a fish under each corn plant. Personally a sheep is massive overkill... Stoners... But an old rooster or chook with feathers, a kg of fish heads and discarded bodies and guts would be ok. I don't use any synthetics but urine, preferably diluted @ 1 wee with 10 ltrs water is a great nitrogen boost for early lush leaf and wood ash is good for flowering and "sweetening" the soil. 1 cup of ash / plant is fine.

I steer clear of al but the most expensive potting mixes. They use a lot of pine wood and plants don't flourish. I make mix of vermiculite, coir, chaff, manure and fine compost. Compost is everywhere. In your gutters, anywhere autumn leaves collect and sit and it is am important soil additive for healthy plants.

Making a shitty, hard, light coloured soil into something that plants flourish in can take three years or more. Best bet by far is start with good soil that has already had years of natural compost. If you find at least one worm when you dig you know you are ok.

Edited by ichykoo