Yellow leaves on branch?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if some of you garden guru's could help me out with this...

post-46857-0-28868000-1326184646_thumb.jpg

It is a yellowing on half of one of the main branches, (the whole way up the branch) even half of some of the fan leaves are yellow.

post-46857-0-57366200-1326184703_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it is a genetic thing or a nutrient problem. The strain is supposed to be Blue Haze X Afghani, but it could be anything since I got the seeds from a friend. There is some purpling in the stem which is probably a phosphorus or potassium deficiency also.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, looks like a deficiency (or over use) issue.

I just happened to come accross a great article on this last night but can't find it now lol

May well have been in cannauniversity...have a search, amazing what u find in there. Was looking there for hours last nite. It's addictive. lol

Have dozens of bookmarks, will check thru them.

Think it's important to know that yellowing leaves can mean many things so don't stop at the first article...and you need pics. Leaves yellow in many different ways lol

I'll look further but suggest you do too & bookmark it!

Edited by justjuli

hi cool , ive got that on 2 leaves , it looks like a fuck'd up muten bit , heres mine, the rest is all cool ! even shotiong out green tips , if it spreds your fark'd , hope yours is sasme

post-40169-0-13051700-1326228330_thumb.jpg post-40169-0-62776800-1326228342_thumb.jpg this one was full yellow now middle looks like it could go green again ??

post-40169-0-77220500-1326228354_thumb.jpg nthyis oneshasent shown any spreding , ine seen it befor good luch , just make shore it dont keep comeing out , good luck

Edited by smashed1
  • Upvote 1

my opinion is this is a abberant genetic expression, rather than a nutrient problem

if it is nutrient deficient i would expect the bleaching would be showing uniformly over all the plant/s particuarly on all new growing shoots

however if this bleaching does spreads further on the plant, then a feed of chelated iron could be applied via watering the soil

only other thing i can think of is soil PH being extreme either acid or alkaline, but once again i would expect it to show on all new shoots/growth

let us know how this progresses will ya ... :)

all da best with 'em

:peace:

• Upvote 2

Hey Justjuli, Thanks for your help, I checked out that article and it's a good read. I'll try flushing it out a bit with some ph balanced water, then resume as normal and see what happens. Weird how it only happens on one half of the plant though.

Rev, Nah, there hasn't been any chemicals used in this area coz I need the weeds as cover, lol.

Smashed, you've hit the nail on the head! That's exactly what they look like, this plant seemed to top itself as a seedling and split into two main branches, and it's happened right the way up one branch. All new shoots seem to have this bleaching in it. The leaves all the way up have some sort of white fleck through them & there is even one white branch, lol. Not sure whether to let it grow or trim everything off. And yeah... it don't take long for round up to knock em over.

Frazz, Sounds logical, if it were a deficiency it should happen all over, not just half the plant. This makes sense, I'll check the soil PH again.

I'll try and get some better pics up. :reading:

Thanks everyone!

hay bud i think of it as a pigment fuckup something like that n, like a albino seen it quite a few timers , but never spred ,

try some , trace ellements heres what i got but never needed to usde it , ( i dont read books , but if one dever bgets sick , hoplefully not )

ill giver emthat crap then a folar spray wiuth seaweed a couple days laiter , post-40169-0-13244000-1326239267_thumb.jpg if it;s ORGANIC ,

the hydros have the grow / flower grow / flower in part a --- an the part b has all the trace ellents ,

Edited by smashed1