Need help, please ...

Depends where you are mate, in Sydney expect to pay $500 for an ounce, not sure about Melbourne or Queensland but in South Australia you shouldnt pay more than $200 an ounce. Most people here(on this site) try to or do grow their own personals, so they dont have to support the "drug trade". Besides, commercial pot imho is generally grown with heaps of chemicals and is usually harsh to the taste... headache stuff...You shouldn'e have any probs hooking up with a few of the millions of stoners in Oz when u get here.

It really depends where u go to buy some MJ. Some people will rip you off and others will give you a good deal. Personally i would never buy off a DEALER that i dont know. I could only trust good friends & their DEALERS, I live in the Suburbs of Melbourne, i gotta go to the other side of melbourne to buy "QUATERS" for 50 dollas & i can always trust that they will be over a Quater.

~ peace out

in Sydney expect to pay $500 for an ounce

Wow, that is way too much, I pay $330 in Sydney. $50 will get you about 3 grams on the street.

I play by the basic rule of thumb 'never carry anything illegal over any border' just not worth it. Parts of Sydney are often active with sniffer dogs - so I tend to only carry small amounts or none at all if I need to walk through some areas prone to police searchs (nightclub districts etc.). They even raid public transport sometimes (trains & buses). I have yet to get busted, which is a suprise given my media profile on the medical cannabis issue. Come close a few times ... phew :P

... i gotta go to the other side of melbourne to buy "QUATERS" for 50 dollas & i can always trust that they will be over a Quater.

For that price, I would travel to the other side of Melbourne and I live in Sydney :P I am assuming by 'QUATERS' you mean quarters (7g) (just joking).

Yeah, just don't trouble yourself too much about it mate, and it's usually fairly easy to spot whether you're being ripped off in a deal, you can just see.... They're usually either dramatically happy with you or giggling with their mates.... Anyway, I'm sure you'll find a pothead somewhere and you'll be able to hook up with them, (not here tho, these boards are strict in the rules in this regard...) but I reckon you'll be better off growing something for yourself. Makes life so much simpler, although you should always remember that there are no states which have legalised it, only decriminalised in some. And even then it's usually at the discretion of the officers involved, and involves ridiculous limits imposed on growers. Best course if you grow is to just keep your head down and keep it to yourself.

But aside from that, you'll find lots and lots of pot here, and we really know how to grow our shit, I'm sure you'll enjoy Australian culture and life and let us know when you touch down in Oz and how you manage eh?

Take it easy. ;)

p.s. it's usually very different from state to state how much you'll pay for weed... but Melbourne specifically, (when I was there a few years back now anyway) the prices were around 20 for a g, or a g and a couple points, and anywhere between 3g for 50 to 70 a quarter ounce of crap bush, to 130 of absolute best product in dry seasons. Avg was 100 for a q. That was just in my neck of the woods when I lived there tho, and as it was a while back it may have changed since then. Just thought I'd add to the knowledge base for ya. ;)