these would work great i think

High all,

I was thinking of boobie traps and stuff and thought well if i set some up and they kill or mayne someone stealing my plants,im in the shit.

idea 1.

So i was thinking "what would stop me if it were me stealing the plants.

So i had an idea of making a trip wire from fishing line tied from backyard fence

to the white string that hangs out the top of party poppers you buy from the supermarket,that is held in place by a tent peg.

Now i know what your thinking u i diot that wont blow them up.

But its not that,its the noise they make.If i were in someones backyard bout to get my hands on there big fat buds and one of them went off i would be over the fence as quick as a vortex!

Ok,here is a good one to stop thieves,you get wire (thin but not to thin)and bend around them main stem and branches connecting the other end of wires tie onto fence,trees,wood stakes etc.

That way if the thieves try to rip it it will get all caught in the wire and they`d spent ages tring to free it all.

It wont stop them hurting the plant but you wont lose even half as much as if it were just ripped from the ground/pots.

Or just cross a marijuana plant with a giant mutant venus fly trap!

Guest billy bonger

:D Man traps are a bad idea, you would have to be prepared to kill some one (And be lucky enough to get away with it) if you maim them, you'd get busted anyway for grevious bodily harm and your plants, if you let him go!.

:) I like the idea of the Venus Fly Trap X though,you'd have a fun time watering but, not to meantion harvest, i'd be a fight to the death :;): .

I think the party poppers are a good idea. harmless, and I reckon it would scare away a would be ripper. they'd be thinking, shit, someones heard that and are probably on their way. I wonder if animals would set them off? that would be a problem. also you might draw attention to your crop to someone who might have otherwise walked past it.

What about a cheap 12v dc car/home alarm setup to a trip wire/PIR sensor. You could use 2x6v batteries for power and bury most of it in the ground. Chances are they'll piss off as soon as the alarm sounds as they'll expect someone to come running. This would work in a remote location or if its in your own backard a more permanant setup would be better.

Setting traps is not selective, what if some kid ends up in your yard to get his ball/frisby - you'd be fucked.

Guest billy bonger

:D I think what your forgetting is that your trying to avoid attractting attention,car alarms and party poppers are going to have your nieghbours coming a runnin(Unless your in a very remote location).

Get a big dog. :)

Good point about kids in backyards too!