Grafting

hey, if you managed to find a root stock that was compatible to m.j, could it be possible that the structure(shape) of the plant could be changed so it didn't really look to the untrained eye like m.j

or do you's think that it would revert back to cannabis characteristics and shape?

Nothing really to do with grafting, but have you heard of ABC ?

Australian Bastard Cannabis

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1651-8-1204-abcbud.jpg

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1651-8-554-Mvc-009f.jpg

http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/1651-8-732-Mvc-014f.jpg

From this article

::rolleyes::

[Marijuana Botany An Advanced Study - The propagation and Breeding of Distinctive Cannabis Strains - Robert Connell Clarke]

Intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus (hops) have fascinated researchers and cultivators for decades.  Warmke and Davidson (1943) claimed that Humbles tops grafted upon Cannabis roots produced "... as much drug as leaves from intact hemp plants, even though leaves from intact hop plants are completely nontoxic".  According to this research, the active ingredient of Cannabis was being produced in the roots and transported accross the graft to the humulus tops.  Later research by Crombie and Crombie (1975) entirely disproves this theory.  Grafts were made between high and low THC strains of Cannabis as well as intergeneric grafts between Cannabis and Humulus.  Detailed chromatographic analysis was performed on both donors for easch graft and their control populations.  The results showed "... no evidence of transport of inter mediates or factors critical to cannabinoid formation accross the grafts."

It dont work :D

:D Tugboat :D

A couple of years back I grafted superskunk on to a bubblegum mum. The idea was to produce one mother plant with multiple strains. I found it to be quite a difficult thing to do. I then grafted on some white widdow, and was intending to graft on some red devil as well. I stessed it too much and the plant died. I am not an overly clean typ unfortunately. If any of you guys are the OCD anal type of person, who is scrupulously clean and organised, I am sure you would have better luck. I am sure it can be done.

Fossil.

Yeah, but like you said, it takes a heck of a lot of practice to do really well, and even then it's not guarunteed to take... Some strains may be better suited too, I think this is a subject which could have some commercial potential tho... I mean, imagine being able to buy clones similar to tomato graft seedlings... you would have a very vigourous root stock base which could be grafted to scions of plants which are used to different conditions... like cool growing strains being grafted to a tropical rootstock for added vigour in warm environments... ya know?

It can be done. It's just hard, like you've said. ;) ;)