i need barbed wire

wallabies are eating the tops of my plants and the surrounding fan leaves. ive tried 'marking out my territory' etc.. but these animals don't seem to understand

just wondering where i could pick a role of barbed wire up from?

ill try any other methods that will maim/kill them, this is just pissing me off now

Guest Babybear

Any rual / produce store , a place where there sell animal stuff some times chickens some fencing stuff Somethin you proberly wont find in the iner city

Mabie hardware stores , not sure there thou..

hope you can find at least a close produce store

Try products such as these.......

Liquidfence

OR

Aluminium ammonium sulphate I use this one to reasonable effect. In Australia it's called something else, can't remember. Small yellow box with animal pictures on it.

Hang on - found it. http://www.multicrop.com.au/images/Scatbox.gif

From Multicrop.

Spur.

Edited by Spurious

Hey martraci a dude i new back in syd had that problum so he set up an electric fence u know those ones thay use for live stock he had it wired up to a few car batterys, but i dont know how he done it but he recons that once he did he did not lose 1 after that, i cant ask him how he did it as he was killed in car smach a few years back but i dont think it would be too hard but how much it would cost i dont know.

Guest reshroomED
ill try any other methods that will maim/kill them, this is just pissing me off now

Bit severe don't you think?

Deter or kill, but maim?

If wallabies are eating your dope, the nearest hardware/stockfeed store will have plenty of barbed wire.

ed

Ok for starters elc fencing is the best option. Barbed wire will not really deter them much, I know this as I once ran 3kms of roo fencing on my old property. The roos and wallabies, contrary to popular belief do not just "jump" over the fencing but prefer to dive under it. The best way to stop them is to buy a small cattle/horse fence energiser (the zapper bit) from a co-op or rural store ( as you townies call them :P ). You can run normal wire or hot tape. Hot tape would stand out like dogs nuts and you would need to strain the wire to stop it sagging and earthing out.

The best setup I can think of is a piece of wood with 5 holes drilled into it at equal spaces. Run your live wires through a few of them and make one or two earthing wires. Put this at a angle near to the ground and they should get a good boot lol You may even want to run a wire above this.....

There are simpler methods but I don’t have the time to g into them…

If you need any help setting it up just pm me mate.

forget about electric fences all together. you would need at least 3 hot wires running parrallel, and as soon as a branch or something blows onto it, it will earth out anyway. sorry black one. but i've been working with hot wire for years. your best bet is to use some 1 inch chicken wire. get some with a bit of stength. not that cheap shit you get from sollies. i've done it this way for the past five years and have not lost a single plant. i also put branches around the cage. this not only hides the wire but deters wallabies from trying to stick their little paws through the wire.

hope this has helped.

wade

Hey martraci just a through if u are going to use chook wire so it blens in with every thing u paint it a flat dark green this mite make it a little harder for ppl to spot, as wade ounce said that is 1 draw back about the electric fence if it is arched out it is useless until next time u go back and cheak it out and reset it.