food dehydraters

NEVER USE 1...jesus christ i remember this chick i once knew, she grew an awesome indoors crop, was her first effort then used a food dehydrator to dry it all...talk about a waste of 10 oz farkin hell...first cone i had was a small virgin lungs size cone and i nearly coughed up a lung...for a seasoned smoker i knew this was fucekd up and asked her about her drying methods and found out the dehydrator was used and no curing.... ;) sum ppl will smoke anything....

like WC said, dry it at room temp for as long as u can...then store it in an air tight container for 4-6 weeks and u'll have sum smooth top buds :D

Hey hold on a sec, it seems no one here has actually USED a dehydrator!!

When I've gone round when desperate for some weed sum mates have actually plucked a med. sized bud and handed it to me. I brought this home in the middle of the night (no sun) and wanted it bad, so i chucked it in the dehydrator. IT did nothing to make the smoke more harsh than say a 3 day sun dry (which isn't too bad). I wouldn't reccomend a dehydrator for a whole crop, but by all means put a bud or two in there for a bit of a smoke.

It's never done to me what wantdachronic is saying. And because temp is much less than the THC dying temp (less than boiling) it does nothing to kill THC and give you a lesser high!!

Guest Eikel

I'll jump into this as just last night I was smoking some buds I'd taxed from my outdoor plant...

You can do a quick 2-day water cure and the buds are quite smokeable and not that harsh (harsher than a normal dry/cure but no way as harsh as a quick-dry).

I chop a branch with buds and submerge in a container of water, leave this for a day. The next day the water has a green tinge to it and I pour it off - if I have time I'll change the water and let it cure for another day, if not it goes into my oven.

Here's my quick dry/water cure method, works for me and a few mates anyway:

1. Submerge branch and allow to soak in water for at least 24 hours, preferrably more.

2. Pre-heat oven to 100deg celcius or lower if possible.

3. Take branch out of water, give a light shake to get rid of most of the excess water.

4. Manicure branch of buds, and place trimmed buds onto newspaper.

5. Place trimmed buds onto newspaper and place into oven.

6. Monitor buds, remove when they are crispy to the touch - should take 15-30 mins.

The above method provides me a smoke when I want something quickly and don't want to wait for a full dry-cycle.

Yes, the water cure seems like a sensible idea, removing chlorophyll and other harshities (hehe, nice word).

I'd prefer to use my dehydrator as opposed to an oven, though, it's more natural (blowing hot air over weed like the sun does) and less risk of killing all your weed. If you cooked weed in oven at more than 90 degrees celsius, you would be losing THC.

I would not wait more than half an hour before checking weed in a dehydrator, bigger will take longer, but you don't want to nap and wake up 3 hours later with powdered buds (although it made nice muffins!!)

I DONT MEAN TO SHIT ANY ONE but if you are wasting the cash on a food dehydrator then you are proberly not growing it just for fun. I know i have about 0 post on this site and you might say blaaaaa. :detective2:

But why stuff arond, stick your pot in a cuboard wack a heater at the bottom with a thermostat put it at 40c and come back in about about 12hs ,wack it off the stalk bag and sell it.

if your dealing with even the smallest commrecial scale who cares about the small loss in quallity, if you cant sell it your strain or tecniqe is crap... and yes i know if you over dry you lose weight.........if you are doing it for fun dry it cure it in a glass jar with holes.

Hey i wouldn't waste all my pot in a dehydrator, or with your quality losing heater method.

95% of my bud i cure properly (and it's not just about not losing quality, but gaining quality through the use of chlorophyll and crap and the unlocking of THC acids into the correct form).

I would only reccomend it, if you are desperate for a bit of a smoke and be prepared for a slight loss of quality. I also wouldn't go buy a dehydrator for that reason, I happen to be rabidly addicted to Beef Jerky (oh god i love that stuff)!!