Bizarre sighting

The other day whilst out riding my bike(in Adelaide) i came across someones 50l pot socks that had been dumped by the side of the road(by some irresponsible grower)still full of medium and the remains of a plant that had been harvested. The remains of the plant was only the base and all the main branches had been chopped. But the bit left behind was this gnarled mass of branches starting right from the very base of the plant at the level of the soil. I counted about 20 or so main brances coming off the base of the plant and they were all very chunky. The main stem was only a few cm's long from which these 20 branches stuck out of. I have never seen anything grown like this before, i have pruned and fimmed and had bushy plants, but never being very bushy from the very base of the plant ie: i always have a good 10cm's of main stem before the plant branches out after being pruned.

Does anybody know which pruning method would do this to a plant, i would love to give it a try as i am pretty sure this plant had heaps of bud and was bushy, not tall and stringy.

Hope this makes sense as i have already had a cone this morn. lol

thanks

Guest Wilderbud
Are you sure it wasnt just tipped then fimmed? I have a 1' plant with 20+ tips coming from 4 main stem nodes - its fat rather than tall [i just screened it yesterday also so itll get more bushy - I call it shrub]. lol

I must say better than the first. The cols'a were that big that I had to ty them up. The first grow I had the main cola then say two rings of branches like a christmas tree. Second grow after regineration, all the new shoots, about 8 from memory, all grew like main colas. All fighting to be dominent. Then the new foliage under the cut grew like normal eg two rings.

Health wise, it took this particular plant about 3 -4 weeks from memory to fully recover and really start humming. In veg it powered.

Yield - about 6 oz of original, 12 - 14 of second . (dry)

It sounds like to me that it has gone through more than 1 grow, i have not done it indoors but have done it out doors i had a plant i keep going for 3 years and by the last harvest the plant was just over1 meter tall and about 1.5 meters wide and very bushey and each time i havrested it i got about 20-30% more than the last time and i just left the plant in a green house over winter and i was in the same pot for the 3 years well a wheely bin that i cut in half lol

Thanks for that widowdoc. All the reading i have done has suggested that you get less after the second harvest and the buds become spindly and stringy. If i had found ozstoners before i sent out my last two harvested babies to their eternal composing site, i would have definately given it a go as they were the healthiest plants i have ever had. When you harvest and leave a bit of bud and a few branches on, what do you begin to fertilize with? A NPK fert. perhaps?

I'd have to agree with others here, revegged plants can power it on and produce better... but only if done right. And the longer a plant is grown, the higher the chances that something will go wrong...

Just fertilise with a moderate strength "Grow" or "Veg" mj specific nute, although remember that it will need a higher e.c. than a smaller plant. If successful, you'll end up seeing new shoots begin from the apexes of the buds, and over time these will develop more and more leaflets per leaf as it progresses thru vegetative growth. The buds will spread out as the stem which once supported a small bud changes and thickens to support the new growth which is happening.

The old flowers will die... these can be deadly to your plant, as they are ripe breeding grounds for mould and other diseases. Once the plant appears established in new growth, and the flowers are spread out enuf to individually remove with a pair of cuticle scissors or scalpel, do so. Leaving them there is asking for problems IMO.

My plants were revegged, and in fact the plant I have running in the cabinet now was initially planted in late Jan earlier this year, and it and the sister plant I also sowed from the same seeds only got to about 1- 2 ft before flowering in late summer, as day length was getting shorter from the beginning of it's life, and it's a very short flowering strain. (50-55 days or so) When they were transplanted indoors... well, you can see what happened to these plants from then on in my grow thread... They rocked! And whilst I've had a little trouble in the second reveg, (lost one plant after cloning to stem rot, other plant took her sweet bloody time) I'm happy to report that one is still alive, and both of em were cloned out for the next crops. I could flower her, but I think that might be pushing it a bit... you never know tho. I'll include a couple pics of her here. Compare the stem thickness to other shots in my grow thread, this is the "bacchus" plant. ;)

Hope that helps out. lol

Oh yeah, and as to the growth from the base of the stem, it may just be that there were dormant nodes at the base which sprouted... Seed plants may not have em down there, or at least they're hard to get low enuf for the growth you're describing, but a clone could have such a node or two down that low. Just a thought. ;)

post-17-1066538589_thumb.jpg