Computer case growing

Hey fellas. I'm totally new to growing..infact I'm not even a pot smoker or anything. Me and my mates thought it'd be fun to do little stealth grows at our houses.

Anyway, I chose to grow 2 plants in a computer case (see pic). There's not much space (at all) so I have to plan ahead how I'm going to manage the height.

(This is no serious growing operation, just enough for myself hopefully)

Can someone help me out with growing techniques? I've been reading about tipping and fimming and pruning..but yeah, being new, they've all sort of merged together in my mind.

Remember, I'm new and stupid :D

post-17-1066271687_thumb.jpg

I don't have any experience in stealth grows, but to me it would make more sense if you could do kind of a trellis/screen grow. Train the plant to use up the surface space, and you could probably manage height better. :D, maybe. I'm not sure about that sort of technique in a space that small, except that I know it can be done. I actually wanted to do a stealth grow using an old pc monitor and tower that I had, and a really OLD T.V. One of those 70's wood framed things. Pretty big though. Still thinking about trying it out to see what kind of yeild you could get from it. Handy to get a grow like that sussed out, if I ever had to give the hydro growing away :o

You probably would have been better off using swc (shallow water culture) in that sort of space, bit easier to manage.

You'll get plenty of suggestions to try out, keep us posted on their progress :P

Thanks for your reply mate. Yeah I've been looking into SCROG and SOG..but my seedlings are too small to make any decision just yet. SCROG sounds/looks cool, I'll try it out when their taller.

Never heard of SWC, I'll look into it (havent heard of a lot of things). I'm just learning as I.. grow.

good advice there from chev I reckon. SWC SCROG is the way to go for that type of grow. You'll need a second computer for mothers. Can't grow SCROG from seed very well, especially in a small space. You need clones.

Take a look at NIMBYS threads at overgrow. He grows in rubbermaids and has heaps of brilliant ideas.

A PC case is not going to give you more than about a weeks worth of pot, it will also rust fairly rapidly.

Having said that it can be done, you would need at least a midi-tower case, a 12v PC fan, and a couple of compact fluorescents scrog or sog are the grow methods to use in that sort of grow which means you need to set up for a mother plant as you need to know that you only have females in your grow.

You would find it far easier and more enjoyable to use a wardrobe or an old fridge, check out some of the links in my signature for more information.

Thanks for your replies guys. Taz - a weeks worth? That's more than I expected hehe. Yeah as I said, it's just a little fun project. I chose a computer case because no member of the family will open it cause it's a computer, and if I say don't touch, they won't, whereas a fridge (which I have one of) is easily opened and hence the operation is discovered. I'd really like to use my small fridge, it would be ideal.

The idea of cloning has now got me thinking about how I'm going to do this. I'll figure something out.

I'll keep you posted

Guest Wilderbud

I would tip [cut its stem] the plant at 3 nodes [cut close to the node] when it gets 6 then train them towards the front and rear of the case and try an arena grow around the brightest CF you can find. Youll get a fat stem from tipping and it stops 'only one' cola growing.

If you FIM the plant you get more main branches but tipping gives a more even growth. =)

PS I think tying the branches to the case with very thin elastic band would be cool as itd constantly pull on the plant as opposed to normal string/ties - Ill try it soon. Also, keep the flouros as close as possible to discourage stretch.

Edited by Wilderbud