brown spots on leaves? cal def?

G'day all,

some of you may have been following my grow diary but for those who havent i have a small problem with one of my plants in soil,

on one of the leaves there is brownish spots appearing, not sure what it could be i was thinking maybe a cal deficiency?

ive been nuting this plant for around the last week or 2, giving it a combination of , green dream, nutri boost concentrate, and Cannazym, have been doing way under the recommended dosage but

plants were vegging under cfls but i scrapped them and turned on the 400w,i also have a plant in DWC but its no where near the size of the plant in soil...very weird lol

anyway here are some photos:) really appreciate any help thanks

post-44459-0-85453500-1310882107_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-44626000-1310882220_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-87436200-1310882332_thumb.jpg

Edited by havik_racing

Looks a little like Fungal disease. Bit young to tell. Have they been exposed to plants etc from the great outdoors at any time?

ahhhh shit, 99% sure its TMV Tobacco Mosaic Virus, got paranoid and rang the local hydro shop, took a snipping of the damage into her and she had a 2 second look and said TMV ahh guess it looks like i wont be smoking in this room anymore!, but when asking her what i could do to rectify the problem she was stumped and just said to stop smoking in the room and wash your hands before opening the cupboard

just doing some reading now on some remedies to fix the problem and one noted that crushed up crab shell works good for soil? if anyone has a good method of getting rid of it could they let me know cheers:)

hay bud , i site in mifddle of my plants working on em for 1 hour at a time more sometimes an i chain smoke with me head rite in em , never had that problem , but mine are in green house ,

i wouldnty stress to much , looks a lil bruiesd sorta ? , if it strats spreading id just cut the infected bits out , but thats a big gess bro,. someone might now ,

some of my leaves have been getting dimply , from the cold i think ? anyway could be a lil deformd growth in part a leaf , yours looks abit dimply thumbup.gif

is it in compost , or potty mix , ???? an is it only on the one finger ?

Edited by smashed1

unless your hydro shop sheila has in-depth experience in actually growing i would take the TMV diagnosis with a grain of salt

ive seen about 50 pages worth of discussion on TMV in Cannabis on an American Canna site recently and it sounds like its flavour of the month,

but there seems to be no general consensus as to positive identification, or whether it is currently as prevalent in home grows as some ppl claim

me myself i rolled smokes continuously whilst growing over 20 yrs and never stuck this virus, to the best of my knowledge in the past its been practically unknown problem in Cannabis grows

there are several other causes which i think you should focus on before ripping up the plants, sterilizing your G-room and/or ulimately moving house, cause thats what some dudes who claim they have it have done to rid themselves of TMV :doh: ... yea i know pretty extreme shit aye

so what is the PH of nutes you are feeding it, what is the PH of the soil and what are the origins of the soil?

if these plants are in soil i wouldnt have thought there was any need for nutrients yet? what is the EC of nutes your feeding them?

if in doubt flush generously with PH adjusted water and see if things improve over a few days is what i would be doing

maybe Tree Bound Rat might give his 2c worth as i know he has been studying the TMV recently and may have a more enlightened opinion on this matter

:peace:

unless your hydro shop sheila has in-depth experience in actually growing i would take the TMV diagnosis with a grain of salt

ive seen about 50 pages worth of discussion on TMV in Cannabis on an American Canna site recently and it sounds like its flavour of the month,

but there seems to be no general consensus as to positive identification, or whether it is currently as prevalent in home grows as some ppl claim

me myself i rolled smokes continuously whilst growing over 20 yrs and never stuck this virus, to the best of my knowledge in the past its been practically unknown problem in Cannabis grows

there are several other causes which i think you should focus on before ripping up the plants, sterilizing your G-room and/or ulimately moving house, cause thats what some dudes who claim they have it have done to rid themselves of TMV :doh: ... yea i know pretty extreme shit aye

so what is the PH of nutes you are feeding it, what is the PH of the soil and what are the origins of the soil?

if these plants are in soil i wouldnt have thought there was any need for nutrients yet? what is the EC of nutes your feeding them?

if in doubt flush generously with PH adjusted water and see if things improve over a few days is what i would be doing

maybe Tree Bound Rat might give his 2c worth as i know he has been studying the TMV recently and may have a more enlightened opinion on this matter

:peace:

Ok run off Ph is 6.3... using a mix of 50/50 perlite/coco, cocobeads as a bottom layer and same for top , started in a rockwool cube and moved into the pot, i actually bought a fancy truncheon meter today so i will sit down figure it all out and snap some pics, soon as i saw the signs i flushed with a good 4-5 litres of ph'd water at 5.5, its just weird how the local hydro shop had a quick 2 second look and said TMV said nothing you can do about turned around and went back to her counter....lol maybe got her on a bad day, anyway freaked me out as a first time grower.... started nuting the plants about a week ago they would be 4 weeks old this friday..

light just kicked back on and i had abit of a look and it seems to be spreading to some more leaves, i'll snap some pics and post em up...she was wilting bad yesterday because of the flush but has come good again today.... if it helps nutes i'm using are GreenDream,Cannazyym,Nutriboost Concentrate... have been sticking to 1/4 of the recommended dosage, once i figure out how this fancy long ass truncheon meter works ill snap some pics of what the e.c is doing and ppm :)

i have a plant right next to the infected afghan Kush...its a smiliar strain (vanilla Kush) but is showing no signs of these 'dots' and rust spots.

should i cut this dying stuff off?

thanks heaps guys appreciate it

post-44459-0-19201500-1311143245_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-90334900-1311143308_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-20722200-1311143363_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-56827000-1311143442_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-45757900-1311143579_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-27607500-1311143674_thumb.jpg

post-44459-0-33652400-1311143753_thumb.jpg

Edited by havik_racing

hay bud , i site in mifddle of my plants working on em for 1 hour at a time more sometimes an i chain smoke with me head rite in em , never had that problem , but mine are in green house ,

i wouldnty stress to much , looks a lil bruiesd sorta ? , if it strats spreading id just cut the infected bits out , but thats a big gess bro,. someone might now ,

some of my leaves have been getting dimply , from the cold i think ? anyway could be a lil deformd growth in part a leaf , yours looks abit dimply thumbup.gif

is it in compost , or potty mix , ???? an is it only on the one finger ?

Ahh thats good to hear mate, the room the cupboard is in myself and the missus sit down and have a smoke a night time once bubs is down and just open the windows to air it out, sometimes my flat mate and myself will have a session in here i'd say 85% of the time the grow room is smoke free

nah these spots are spreading to other leaves now and the main leaf with the spots looks real rusty and dead, i'll snap some pics soon

ahh good stuff getting a blu lab truncheon they are the go imo :applause:

yea look the old leaves are history, sometimes i over nute when they are young and those leaves do 'burn' and shrivel up dry with rust,

but watch the new leaf growth on the growing tip cause that will tell you how the plant is reacting to whatever you are feeding it

im thinking it was just a bit of over fertilization a wee bit too early .. dont panic and dont give any more nutes yet and watch closely for the next coupla days see what happens

if they in soil they will find more than enuf nutes for a while yet

all da best with 'em :peace: