busted with 30 plants

Guest mr evo 3

Guest mr evo 3

hey ozstoners!!!

ive heard of many people quoting laws and what people would get for some small amounts of mj but does anybody know of the amount of time you would get say if you where pinched with thirty or so plants its not as if you could say its perso.... :rolleyes:

thanks mr evo 3 B)

Guest Wilderbud
Umm, over 10 plants would be hard to pass off as personal IMO. The harvest is at least 1 Lb under decent light with 10 plants and thats a years supply of smoke for the heaviest user - its also a few thousand dollars worth of weed [maybe both]. :rolleyes:

Umm, over 10 plants would be hard to pass off as personal IMO. The harvest is at least 1 Lb under decent light with 10 plants and thats a years supply of smoke for the heaviest user - its also a few thousand dollars worth of weed [maybe both]. :rolleyes:

I'm really surprised to see you say that. A small peronsal grower could quite easily have more that ten plants. Say you have 4 mothers and you flower out 4 plants at a time and while your plants are flowering you take 8 cuttings from your mums for the next crop (allowing for some failures), so at one time you might have 16 plants.

Or, you have four mothers, grow out a new batch of ten seeds, clone them to sex, and you're sitting on 24 plants.

In both cases you're still only a personal grower with one small HID and a few fluoros.

On the other hand, I've seen grows at Overgrow where people hang multiple vertical and horizontal 1000watters and grow 4 or 6 monster plants that yield 2-3 pounds each.

If these dickheads who make the laws actually did some research into what determines yields and therefore the probability that you are a commercial grower they would make the rules about size and number of lights, not plant numbers. But no, that would make too much sense.

Umm, over 10 plants would be hard to pass off as personal IMO. The harvest is at least 1 Lb under decent light with 10 plants and thats a years supply of smoke for the heaviest user - its also a few thousand dollars worth of weed [maybe both].

I can't agree with that either. I wish I wish I wish just one pound would last me a year. Just under 1oz per week here, which comes out at several pounds per anum. And that is finished dry bud. The cops take everything into the weight count... Including roots, and any trim you may have chucked out in the compost.

pipeman You're spot on. I have three mums of different strains, and when I take clones, I cut at least 6, keeping the best four for my grow. I would still be finishing four plants at that same time. We are already up to 13, and that is just in the winter. When spring time comes, I am usually finishing an indoor, and am taking cuts for outdoor summer crop, which adds up the numbers as well. I don't sell.... never have, and never have bought either, yet the "system" would probably treat me as a great threat to society. :angry:

I'm a personal grower but set the limit at 50 and thats not enough, its definately enough to smoke, but I'd like more strains.

I top it all the time, when I have a crop from seed and all them plants waiting as mums under flos to see whats best, that can be like 20 extra plants on top of everything else.

Its all about who really likes dope and who dont.

Some people just want a bit of smoke, others wanna swim in a pile of 50 different smokes, and each cone they have everyday they wanna smoke a different strain.

different strokes for different folks.

I only grow a couple plants to flower, (I'm one of those growers who prefers less, and larger plants than more and smaller ones) but yeah, 10 plants isn't a large amount to have.... And it would totally depend on the system you were using to grow said 10 plants to define whether you were a commercial grower or not....

I clone 10 at a time for potential flowering plants, and then select the best 2 from that batch in the hardening period when they first get the hid. This allows me to get the best of the best, similar to fossil. ;) There are a million things that can happen to clones in the small period between rooting and planting out, so it's always been a habit of mine to take about 4 or 5 times the clones I think I'll need in the end, give or take. Many growers would call that a waste, I call it un-natural selection. :;):

But yeah, any law which ignores the physics or biology of an industry (and it is an industry, to pretend otherwise is just stupid ;) ) is destined to fail before it is implemented. And they are. The fact that we have such a large industry in the country and that it's pretty much ignored by the populace, (40% of the pop in oz having tried mj in their lives) is evidence of that.

I'd say a 10plant grow (thats total, clones, mums and flowering plants) is probably about right for a solo grower and perso smoker, but there's a lot of variation between strains performances and I've many times gone over my own self-imposed limit of no more than 10 plants around me at any time, just because of pure necessity. For a medicinal grower who may be searching for an appropriate strain to deal with their medical needs it wouldn't be enough IMO, and for someone who just likes a bit of variation you'd be pushing it there too... WC is closer to the mark with a 50 limit for such endeavours, but yeah, it's never enough.

One day, we shall be able to grow as many of these wonderful plants as we like, until then, every grower should be well aware of the in built prejudices of the law in this respect. ;)

The harvest is at least 1 Lb under decent light with 10 plants and thats a years supply of smoke for the heaviest user

Gotta disagree with that, I was calculating the other night how much I need to grow to keep me in personal smoke and it's about 3 and a quarter pounds per year. (that's not sharing it either ;) )

I have a friend in New Zealand that got busted with 64 plants and managed to convince a court they were for personal use ;) I don't know if Aussie courts would buy it though.