Nute problem :(

Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor growtent 2x1.2x1.2

Growing Medium: germed in worm castings then planted into 50/50 Perlite(Generic Brand) and Coco (http://www.comhardware.net/images/9/CHS39800.jpg) EasyWetta Mulch

Growing Style: 24 hour veg

Watering/Feeding Frequency: Autopot 2 pot system

Nutrient Strength (PPM/EC): I'm using GT Ionic grow (http://www.domegarden.com.au/image.php?image=635) at 5ml per 1 litre and recently seasol

PH Levels: 6.1

Temperature/Humidity Levels: 21 Degrees

Air Flow/Fans etc.: Currently have 1 large airflow tower fan about 2 feet from plants and about to install carbon filter and fan.

Lighting Type (CFL/HPS/MH etc.): MH

Total Wattage: 400w

Growth Stage: 6 weeks veg

Plants Age: 7 weeks

Cannabis Strain: White Widow and Blue mystic

Hey guys,

This is my first grow and I've run into some problems. I originally germinated my 2 plants in worm castings which went very well.

I then moved them into a bigger pot(2 litre) with a mixture of 50/50 perlite/coco. The transfer was successful but I was concerned

there might be an issue when transfering from worm castings to a different medium. However, everything seemed fine and the plants continued to grow

very well. About the fourth week of veging I decided to move the plants to the autopot system, as I thought they seemed large enough for the autopot pots.

I have a feeling I might have used to many nutrients to early on after the transfer. My initial reaction when I saw the leaves turning yellow was to feed them from

above thinking they had transplant shock or their roots where not developed further enough down to use the water the autopot was providing. My plants in the picture look

overwatered but thats probably because I flushed them both 12 hours before the pictures. I flushed both pots with seasol and have been using tap water( let sit for 24 hours)

to flush since. The new growth leaves seem to be a nice healthy green colour but it seems like the bottom and middle canopy leaves are being starved of life, which eventually results in

yellowing and then dry upward curling leaves that die and wilt. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologise if my description is a bit fragmented, I really should keep a grow journal next time!

post-44297-0-11381000-1305334516_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-98969600-1305334725_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-33322600-1305335014_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-93856600-1305335189_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-21032400-1305335375_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-15813600-1305335486_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-56983600-1305335682_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-70293500-1305335799_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-77957600-1305335921_thumb.jpg

post-44297-0-47412800-1305336097_thumb.jpg

Heya Garth, Im no expert and advice from someone with more experience may come through but just a couple of things;

Drop your ph to 5.8 (Seems a little too high during veg)

I'd try and raise your light on temps to around 26/27deg

and finally halve your nute strength until your plants start to respond.

Im currently growing GHS White Widow and have found it to be very nute shy so ease up on the strength. I would also suggest making sure when you do feed you get a minimum of 10% run off. Especially in Coco. (e.g if you feed 250ml of nutrient solution and dont get 25ml run off then gradually increase your feed until you get the minimum 10%) If youre getting way over the 10% then decrease until you get it right

Hope this helps and happy growing :thumbsup:

Edited by resinate

Heya mate, if your going to use coco, try not to put garden centre mulch on top, just coco, this may be keeping your pots too moist. Water less and remember seasol contains nutrients so by giving this when flushing, your not flushing at all, just pumping more stuff into em. Ph down to 5.8 as stated above will help too. A bit of that yellowing looks like it could be where the leaves are splashed by nutes, but more likely over feeding and not flushing with straight ph adjusted water. Best of luck man. Gh72

Heya mate, if your going to use coco, try not to put garden centre mulch on top, just coco, this may be keeping your pots too moist. Water less and remember seasol contains nutrients so by giving this when flushing, your not flushing at all, just pumping more stuff into em. Ph down to 5.8 as stated above will help too. A bit of that yellowing looks like it could be where the leaves are splashed by nutes, but more likely over feeding and not flushing with straight ph adjusted water. Best of luck man. Gh72

The coco looks like mulch (chunky and not very fine) out of the bag. I was a bit unsure when I bought it from the gardening store, so I flushed it very thoroughly. I think it might be absorbing too much water. I might go back and find some

finer stuff, but I really don't want to damage the plants further with another transplant. I originally flushed with some seasol because of advice I got from another site, which indicated a deficiency in the leaves and to flush with an all round fertalizer. I think they should be fine if I just continue to flush with the right adjusted PH water. How is the best way to lower the PH of the growing medium? Thanks for all the help guys, I'll post back soon with details of any improvements.

The coco looks like mulch (chunky and not very fine) out of the bag. I was a bit unsure when I bought it from the gardening store, so I flushed it very thoroughly. I think it might be absorbing too much water. I might go back and find some

finer stuff, but I really don't want to damage the plants further with another transplant. I originally flushed with some seasol because of advice I got from another site, which indicated a deficiency in the leaves and to flush with an all round fertalizer. I think they should be fine if I just continue to flush with the right adjusted PH water. How is the best way to lower the PH of the growing medium? Thanks for all the help guys, I'll post back soon with details of any improvements.

just lower the water ph , the medium will follow , whats that wetter ? thingy .. sorry stoned

best with it ..

ev :bongon:

It really just looks like simple overwatering to me.... droopy, yellowing of leaves like that on the bottom.... classic sign of overwatering.

When plants are that small, depending on various grow conditions, they can go awhile and not use much.

I've grown in Coco a bit, both pure coco and mixed with perlite, and at the size your plants are, mine could often go a good 4-6days without a drink and be happy & healthy.

Best way to tell when to water coco. Water it... pick up the pot and feel how heavy it is....then keep picking it up daily, and when it feels light = water it again.

someone is probably going to have a shit at me, but I want to suggest a nitrogen deficiency, most likely as a result of the overwater - Roots that can't breathe dont work right.

Let it dry, then add some nutrients... BTW, seasol has no Nitrogen in it, so if you used that due to a leaf def as you say - you most likely did em wrong.

Could you check your run off and see what the ec and ph is coming out at.

:oldman:

Checking the runoff in coco doesn't give you a good idea of whats going on sometimes.... in coco the PH usually comes out higher than what goes in. Something about buffers and crap :nea:

My nute mix in coco at the moment goes in at 5.8, and comes out at 7.0... but they are healthy as.

Wrangler :bongon: