Canna butter questions

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/enzolorenzo/2800othermidflower.jpg http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i393/enzolorenzo/009-Copy.jpg Ok, We were suppost to cop a large storm on yesterday (Monday) So on Sunday i decided to pull this one early as all the buds were glistening with trichomes "but they were all very clear & hardly any browning on the hairy bits" so i am guessing again this is going to be a very uplifting stony feeling. But didn't want to lose all those trichromes that were on it also...

What i was left with was the stuff you see hanging, and 7 large paper bags full, with small buds popcorny size i suppose when they are dry.

I would like to use these 7 bags of popcorn size heads to mix and make Canna butter. Do i need to wait till this has dried properly to cook it up? I still have 5 plants "large" to pull out, that i have no idea what to do with yet.

Can i use it in it's semi wet stage at the moment?

Or should i dry it out thoroughly then cure it, before i start making my butter, & then whatever the hell i am going to bake with the butter later on. Will the flavour be better cured?

I am guessing there would be at least an ounce of "once" dried product in each of these bags. So would 1 bag/ounce of popcorn head be ok to cook up with one 500g block of butter? I bought 2 x 500g blocks of butter. Or would say, the 7ounces of head be a good idea to mix with the 2blocks of butter? Or is this overkill?

Sorry, very new to all this, and i would really like my wife to try eating some, and enjoying the moment and cruisiness with me as she refuses to smoke anything ever.

Cheers,

You normally freeze the leaf/popcorn until you are ready to cook a batch - freeze it wet and cook with it wet. There is absolutely no point in drying it as you are just going to be wetting it again.

If you boil the leaf/ popcorn for an hour then throw that water away, and restart with a new batch of water with the butter it takes a lot of the green taste away. You're not throwing away anything good as it won't adhere to water.

If the trim is real frosty then I would use about 2oz to 500g. Maybe start there and see if they are too strong or not strong enough for the next batch.

Be very careful how much your wife eats for her first time as cookies etc can be VERY strong and would most likely prove to be an uncomfortable experience if too much is ingested by a novice. If she has a bad experience you can rule out her ever trying that again.

Have fun,

Jimbo :bongon:

• Upvote 1

You normally freeze the leaf/popcorn until you are ready to cook a batch - freeze it wet and cook with it wet. There is absolutely no point in drying it as you are just going to be wetting it again.

If you boil the leaf/ popcorn for an hour then throw that water away, and restart with a new batch of water with the butter it takes a lot of the green taste away. You're not throwing away anything good as it won't adhere to water.

If the trim is real frosty then I would use about 2oz to 500g. Maybe start there and see if they are too strong or not strong enough for the next batch.

Be very careful how much your wife eats for her first time as cookies etc can be VERY strong and would most likely prove to be an uncomfortable experience if too much is ingested by a novice. If she has a bad experience you can rule out her ever trying that again.

Have fun,

Jimbo :bongon:

yep I'm with jimbo on the boiling it up first only I would boil it for an hour strain it then boil it again for while then strain it again... green butter tastes horrible!!!! then I get a pot that is tall and narrow and put enough water to cover the green stuff then dump the butter in and let it simmer for maybe 5 hours when your done leave it on the bench for a couple of hours and the butter will start coming to the top of the pot through the green leafy material then stick it in the fridge overnightand the rest of the butter will come to the top and harden.Then peel the layer of butter off the top and you have some THCised butter... I'm sure it'll still hold some of that crappy flavour though so make sure your bikies are chocolate ones as they tend to mask the taste quite well.... Oh BTW its a good idea to chop it up a bit it makes it easier for the buter to come to the surface again.. Another much simpler way to extract THC though is by putting some buds into some scotch or burbon or some other strong liquor and having a few drinks, alchohol extracts the goodies too.... whatever you do it is going to be strong since you'll be using lots of buds.. don't let your wife eat to much or she'll possibly green out and necer do it again. Good luck with it....

Ahh, Thankyou very much,! I will start working on a kilo of butter tomorrow (looking forward to it :) ) I was hoping to just spread the butter mainly on vegemite and toast. But sauteed mushrooms with a nice eye fillet of wagu for dinner could turn out to be an enjoyable meal. Definately will test butter strength 1st as i remember a time in my very early days the smurfs and i had a blast for quite some time when a friend said to give one of these a crack....

Thanks for the tip puka, i have 10's of thousands of dollars of alcholol sitting all over the house, just don't drink it. Give me a xxxx anyday :) guessing it won't work with a plain old ordinary beer eh?

Edited by The Devil

Ahh, After spending the other day simmering 7 30x30cm paper bags full of popcorn sized heads and mixing it in to 2 500g butters. I decided to simmer for around 13hrs and squeeze remains using a kava bag leftover "damn hot to do the squeezing"! Saturday afternoon butter was set, water separated and ready, so we decided to butter a bruscetta bread slice with it and add a thin layer of raw garlic on that. Gotta say it actually tasted quite acceptable/easily palatable really. We waited an hr and a bit and nothing seemed to be happening, so i made us up another slice, from then on, i woke up on the lounge at 4am, my wife was in bed, i don't remember a thing, spent all day sunday with my body not wanting to do what i wanted it to do. My legs or co-ordination not doing what they should of done. burst out laughing when wifey asked if i could drive to Maccas for some burgers,(couldn't even put my pants on, let alone drive) The day turned into night and i started feeling more normal again. Wow! i have about a kilo of this butter left and have no idea what to do with it? definately don't want to spend another weekend not being able to function like that... Thanks for all your help guys, works well. But won't be doing it again i don't believe...

Fuck yeah sounds awesome Devil. I gotta make me up some for when I'm at work.

Can you make canna butter with just adding plain ol hash to melted butter? I don't see why not as it would be cheaper than having the stove on all day and nite and also more stealth as there is less smell? Either way I'm gunna hook myself up.....

ZIt sure was a strong mix you made up devil.. Eating it is often fraught with danger, as you think it's not working so have more... next thing you know your lying on the floor trying to work out who you are and what your doing!!!! I hope wifey wasn't put off by it, I know you'll be trying to explain that it's not so intense when you smoke it.. You could perhaps dilute your super strong butter with some normal butter to dumb it down a bit, seems like a bit shame to have a Kg of it sitting there that you casn't use...

Hey token, not to sure about mixing hash with butter, but why not try just eating a little block of hash... be ware though, if you don't know where the hash has come from it could contain some nasty's that you don't want to eat (like spit and sweat from the kids who roll it up on the streets of India)