Stretched lanky plants

Hi all

Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to leave my 2 girls under a 125W cfl each for longer than usual.

This time they were under it for 6 weeks and in cramped conditions. They are lanky (thin skinny branches)

stretching for the light with large internodal gaps.

Only now can I put them under a 600HPS each to finish off the veg stage, but what can I do to transform them

back to half decent plants?

Will any of the cropping techniques remedy this i.e super cropping, topping etc.

I always use LST anyway, bending the main stalk at about 2-3 weeks of veg and grow them parallel to the pot,

but I am going to need something else to take this stretched lanky problem out of them.

Any ideas please?

thanks

aussie

Heya aussie1 :), yeah cfl's never give great vegging. I recommend , if your not in a hurry, cutting them, to about half the size they are now cutting just above your nodes all over the tops. Take off enough to allow for a bit more veg under hid and stretch later in flower.

This will make the plants bushier and when you chuck them under the HID's they will thicken out and become stronger. They are still in veg, so go nuts, may take awhile for em to recover but will be worth it. Plenty of good tutes in cannaversity on pruning etc. Peace. Gh72