Absinth tincture?

I was going to mix some buds in the strongest alcohol I got to make a pot tincture. is that the right term? :)

anyway I got a bottle of absinth, and I thought it was just some really strong alcohol, but have found out its got wormwood in it which is a psychoactive ingredient similar to THC. Is this right? Is it a bad idea to try to make a THC drink out of absinth? or is it a kick ass idea? :D

the other choice I guess is absolute vodka, which is only 40% (absinth is 60%. I've heard everclear mentioned as the strongest and therefore best to use but where can you buy the stuff?

Just on the absinth, the wormwood extract within it was once believed to act upon cannabinoid receptors in the brain. It has since been proven that the two substances act entirely independently of one another in the brain...

It's still good stuff, although I can't find any true absinth around, the thujone (the active ingredient) content is banned in australia, you can't get it except through specialty stores, and even then it's supposed to be illegal...

Give it a go, you never know, just be prepared for being pissed and stoned at the same time, I know I could never handle the two together well... :)

Everclear... now there's an alcohol for ya... I only ever had it a couple of times, and only through a canadian friend.. don't know where you'd go to get it here, maybe a largish bottleshop? :D Couldn't hurt to ask. :)

how can I tell if this stuff is the real deal or not?

One of the labels says "Absinth Herbal Spirit, Product of the Czech Republic". Most of the writing is in Czech. Only info I can read is its 60%alc, and that it is imported by SouthTrade Int. Pty Ltd 58 Hillside Road, Newport 2106

oh and the label also says it inspired Van Gogh and PIcasso among others...yeah I'm sure it did :)

here's a pic

post-58-1063086188_thumb.jpg

Guest Urbanhog

http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...opic=1742&st=10

check out my post, made post about absinthe, just scroll down.

Absinthe is LEGAL in Australia, it's just the thujone (the active ingredient) content is controlled, only in low doses not in high potent doses, but it's easily arranged to order overseas if you have good european contacts.

the link I posted, its a REAL absinthe........

About mixing pot and absinthe.... dunno...... depends how much ya paid for it. The simple rule of thumb about absinthe, the cheaper it is, the less likely it's a fake absinthe, the more ya paid, it's more likely to be real, as the picture of the absinthe I posted in my link costed me $140 just for a bottle, and I still havent opened it yet for almost year now. :) Still waiting for the right time.

If its a cheap absinthe, why not, and try to soak some nice buds for least few months, if it's the real one and pricey, I wouldnt mix and how would I know whats the fuss about the real absinthe if it was added with pot?

I don't know how much it costs, as it was given to me. and I couldn't find it in your absinthe guide link. oh well.

but, what I will do urb is mix half the bottle with buds and keep the other half straight. Then you can come over and drink the straight stuff, and I'll drink the laced stuff and we'll see who gets more fucked up. :)

Just on the absinth, the wormwood extract within it was once believed to act upon cannabinoid receptors in the brain. It has since been proven that the two substances act entirely independently of one another in the brain..

If what was said about activation of a different set of receptors by the absinth that produce a similar effect to mj then the effect of mixing the two may very well compare to a first time stone experience ie it may negate the effects of tolerance built up by changes in the number of receptors which is a common cause of tolerance to any drug. Any comments or experiences?

If you bought Absinthe in Australia it's not the real deal. I made a tincture using this but I couldn't get around the awful taste of the MJ - it made me shudder. maybe try mixing it with something. Also you don't need to waste a whole bottle - reall marijuana tincture only requires v. small dose to get you off - just use a small bottle. Cannabis Culture magazine had an article on this in the latest edition (or the one before??)

Yeah I know exactly what you mean we tried to recreate an Indian (as in India) mj milkshake (my term) that I think was enjoyed at religous or harvest festivals a couple or once a year (recipe given to me by stoner mum of Indian X-girlfriend) In its original form ie proper ingredients and preparation apparently it was quite nice taste you would be stoned/halluc for many hours but the one we made tasted awful and it made everyone wretch and some barf, the pot taste was too strong and because we had heaps of leaf we figured why not try it along with a solvent extraction of the other half? Originally I think it was made with Vfresh goats milk, mins old, left to sit with the mj and then consumed but really this was many years ago I did this so all or some of these details may by wrong.

the easiest way to make an mj milkshake is with hash. Just get a bit of hash in a teaspoon and apply heat from undernbeath until it starts to smoke, then mix in to your milkshake and bobs your uncle. Because of the small amount of hash needed you don't notice any taste and if done right will definitely send you on a trip. lol

heating a bit of hash and mixing in is great because its quick and easy and can be done with almost any food so long as its got fat or oil in it.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.