THE BASICS

Guest Wilderbud

Id go for slow-release fertilizer so that you only need to water it [not feed also] if thats the only choices. I prefer composted kitchen scraps and/or composted manure for outdoors as this is immediately effective, it lasts for the whole season, Ive never seen compost causing plant burn or salt residue [although its possible] and youre conditioning the soil at the same time by mixing it with compost [which is a light soil that retains its nutrient level well].

Both of your fertilizers are designed for plant pots IMHO.

Setup your own compost bin for next season - youll get the best soil available this way. Also, theres tips on conditioning different soil-types so learn what lime, gypsum, epsom, etc does ( may be handy but I didnt click any links to see if it is). lol

PS. Im using osmocote on my plants and theyre doing fine although theyre really slow to grow. :o

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud
how often will i have to water and fertilize the plants plus iam going away for 3 weeks will the plants be ok while im gone.

I dont like the chances of this unl;ess the soil is conditioned well for holding moisture. Add some water crystals to the soil and mulch on top and itll be fine. lol

Guest Wilderbud

Dont expect anything - sometimes itll crack in 12 hours and other times it wont crack at all - I almost pronounced one of my seeds dead with this grow but it eventually popped up after a week.

I put them in water overnight at the most then just plant - Im sure you put them in water just to kickstart osmosis [transfer of water from outside the seed to inside the seed] and since not all seeds are the same thickness this is your variable for however long it takes to sprout. If it is for kickstarting osmosis only then you may be drowing the internal part of the seed right now?

Ive heard of putting glass of water in the sun to increase the amount of air the seed gets but I dont believe wives tales - you can try this if you want to continue using water only but I suggest you stop it unless you can aerate the water [im sure someone will say a glass of water is a good way to sprout but I wont listen]. I know drowining a seed in a tissue is never good so I think I may be right in saying just let the seed sink for 12 hours then plant 1/2" and wait. lol