THE BASICS

Guest Wilderbud

Sounds good aussiepothead.

I think when the seeds have sunk it means that the plant has enough water in it to start germinating so you dont really have to wait until it cracks its seed - just wait till the seed sinks. Although, plenty of people sprout seeds in water so itll be OK.

Since its your first time germinating its probably best to use bagseed and grow a few of them to try out some different mediums/heating/watering times/etc. It wont take too long to get optimum growth rate out of a seedling once you know what stunts their growth. With the next grow you can experiment on lighting/heating/feeding/flushing times as youll have more healthy seedlings .: more healthy plants.

Every grower has different techniques and youll get a feel for your own materials over time. I have a pink thumb still but Ive definately learnt about germination to seedling in a moss medium [very foolproof medium].

race elements? shit mate that sounds fast. lol

would I be right in assuming you're talking about osmocote? I'm no expert on soil but my first grow went much better once I mixed in some osmocote, no other nutes except for a little yates lush during flower. Soil with osmocote is also what I keep my mothers in and they're as healthy as can be.