Bug eating outdoor seedlings

Mainly trap them to keep numbers down. A damp newspaper works, they love it. You just throw the paper in the bin when you got plenty in among it. Also a few powders/ poisons available.

As for height limitations, I get em in me letterbox :thumbdown:

JAIKAI

I just figured no point in trapping em cause its the bush and even if a few die more will always be back but i might be wrong ill try your idea and see what happens. Cheers for the info

I 'm thinking a mulched area is pretty sterile for insects. there's nothing there for them ... it's like a mono environment. of course beasties can live under mulch but I 'm thinking these type beasties are not what eating yr plants. I can see tho that if yr plot is in the suburbs every insect around will be concentrating on that little bit of bush.

the bit that gets me is that some of yr seedlings were pulled out which makes me think of animals not insects which have super sharp chewers. could be small rodents? there are such things as herbivorous mice and rats. like I 'm sharing a plant with some at the moment. it's a big plant and they're not eating much of it so I 'm not too woried .... but my point is that the little beasties are walking from fence to plant along the thin rope (about 2mm) I have the plant braced up with. so as you see these beasties have access almost everywhere ... and there could be a remnant colony in yr little piece of bushland. dunno ... ?

the seedlings which were pulled out were so small i mean like even a slug could probably bend it with its weight. So I don't know it wasn't like the seedlings were anything big but ill try the mulch thing. But um can i use leaves and bits pf plants for mulch? And your probably right that place is probz infested with bugs since theres not much bush round there. Ill take a pic of it tomorrow and show how the place looks. My main concern right now is if the weather will stay warm enough for the plants to produce heads or not. If i can get some mouse traps I will just to see if there are any mice lurking around. Maybe your right and they are the culprits but the things is some of the seedlings looked like theyve only been chewed abit. Like what a bug does. Cheers

auntynorm do you mean starlings as birds. Believe me if i new it was those guys id wait for them with a double barrel shottie and blow em to pieces. I dont know man some times this shit gets on your mind so much that you just say to hell with it and just sit back and let every thing take its course. But its all good im getting 25 mroe seeds of this strain plus ill probably be getting 50 - 200 White widow seeds in around a month from my other babies plus around another 50 - 200 kali mist seeds. So they should be real good for the coming up season.

Hi pyco7

It could be small bugs eating the new folliage or small snails beer for the snails & garlic for the crawling/flyng bugs

garlic -Crusg a cube if carkic up + water let stand for 12 hrs - fol. spray seedling & a little spray on the bed around bottom

beer - mote around you pot or plant base

:yinyang:

Nitty.

Probably to late now so for future reference the problem could have been bush rats.

I once had about 20 plants all eaten to a stump. The plants were tree seedlings (Currajong).

Every part ok this tree is edible and so a bush rat ate them.

I set a trap and caought it overnight, confirming it was a bush rat.

Cheers.