• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Bug eating outdoor seedlings

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
  • Interests:Motorbikes, saltwater aquariums (similiar to growing pot only differnce is your growing a reef in your bedroom, same principles), fishing, boxing, rc planes when I have the money and obviously the growing the sacred herb!!
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: the giant fire ball in the sky
Hey I just went to visit my grow to find my seedlings being eating to the stem. I thought i had fixed the problem by adding snail pellets on the floor as the seedlings are raised off the floor but 10 out of my 14 seedlings were smashed in a matter of 3 days. My 3 bigger seedlings seem to be fine and are at their 3rd gen leaves. Does any one know what could be doing. Its near a local bush in suburbia. Im going crazy as im down to my last seeds and Im literally going mental. Does anyone know what it could be. It looked as if some seedlings had been pulled out and were on their sides. I think they are just attacking fresh seedlings. Is their any poison i can get to put on the floor which will protect me from all round bugs. PLEASE HELP IM GOING CRAZY. Cheers

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

smashed1

smashed1

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1890 Posts:
  • Interests:growing, fishing, bonsia,camping , bongs, ,an me kids
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: the big MF light in the sky ,
its a lil late , put some fly screen around em if there only seedlings

Edited by smashed1, 27 March 2011 - 07:53 PM.

, Posted Image Posted Image

:bongon:

STONEDAJ69

STONEDAJ69

Troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1558 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
rabbits man... if you can stealth it, chicken wire... fuckers have been at mine too...

demistify

demistify

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts:
  • Interests:nature, bushwalking, gardening, watering the garden, rest and relaxation.
    power structures in language.
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
yep, if they're pulled out it's a rabbit or a possum. bunnings has small rolls of 10mm mesh that's easy to make into a box shape. when you put the mesh box in place don't forget to put some weight on the top so that it's hard to push over/away. hunger makes little beasties very strong.

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
  • Interests:Motorbikes, saltwater aquariums (similiar to growing pot only differnce is your growing a reef in your bedroom, same principles), fishing, boxing, rc planes when I have the money and obviously the growing the sacred herb!!
im 100% ssure its not rabbits or possums cause ive put the pots on an elevated metal cage which is about waiste high, so only insects could climb up but today im going to get some fly screen and ive got a plastic green house type dome gona put it over the ots and cut some air holes in it and put the fly screen over if u get what i mean. Cheers anyway plus im gona put a shit load of pesticides on the floor so nuthing can crawl up the metal cage.

demistify

demistify

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts:
  • Interests:nature, bushwalking, gardening, watering the garden, rest and relaxation.
    power structures in language.
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
but you said: "... pulled out"! must be some massive insects around your place!

Chronmasta

Chronmasta

plantless

• RIP
  • 1896 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Interests:sex, drugs & rock`n roll
    truth, honor & loyalty
  • Fav. Lighting: taken away by the filth
as already mentioned...its a bit late for crackn beans :scratchin:
however, if the seedlings are tiny, my guess is slugs :scratchin: .....cunce luv seedlings :ack:

keep up the practice :bongon:
sick of getting back pain from growing medicin for mi back pain
;those who speak do not know ... those who know do not speak;
If you sit by the river long enough the bodies of your enemies will float past
here to get a smoke`o?.....then smoke`o my blue vein
ALL MY THREADS

11:56 pm [MongyMan] : drinking elephant poo juice

brick

brick

live the dream

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3939 Posts:
  • Interests:PAKALOLO
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 1x250 MH for veg 1 x 400 watt HPS flower. Mainly the sun.
Birds will pull out small seedlings. They love em.
When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength.
Give thanks for your food and the joy of living.
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
The fault lies in yourself.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
~ Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

[/size]

"Anyway i never count on anything until it's in my hand and i've got a good grip of it." d

'A true friend is someone who knows you're
a good egg even if you're a little cracked.'

Man has a poor understanding of life. He mistakes knowledge for wisdom. He tries to unveil the holy secrets of our Father, the Great Spirit.

He attempts to impose his laws and ways on Mother Earth.
Even though he, himself, is a part of nature, he chooses to disregard, and ignore it, for the sake of his own immediate gain.
But the laws of nature are far stronger than those of mankind…

Chief White Cloud. The Circle of life.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."' - Former U.S. President,

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:
I bought those little green house domes from bunnings and i cut small squares out of the dome and put flyscreen over it for more air circulation so know suker can get my seedlings. Plus i sprayed it with beat a bug which is apparently a garlic, chilli and pyrethrium based solution. Don't know how safe the pyrethrium is especially for seedlings and what it will do but its worth a try.

syco7

syco7

Flowering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 Posts:

but you said: "... pulled out"! must be some massive insects around your place!

they were like 3 day old seedlings, but not sure what insect does that but im sure the suckers want try any more shifty shit.

Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.