Tobacco Plants

The two major types of tobacco grown in the US are flue-cured and burley. Flue-cured is grown mainly in the eastern Carolinas and burley is grown in the mountains of NC, SC, VA, KY and a few other states. I believe chewing tobacco can be made from either or could even be a blend of the two. Most of the chewing tobacco would come from the upper leaves on the plant which would be a better quality leaf and contain more gum which would add to the body and flavor. Flue cured is dried in barns with heat as high as 180 degrees and burley is air dried in barns with open sides and no heat. Each brand of chewing tobacco achieves its own taste with the particular blend and additives or flavors. You could experiment and maybe find a chew that suits you. If you want to grow your own, seeds can probably be ordered online or at farm supply stores in areas where tobacco is grown. Farmers who grow tobacco would probably sell you a small amount if you can find one.

^ lol Do you realise the inconsistence of your statements.

After taking large cash donations from British American Tobacco and Philip Morris, Sophie Mirrabella withdrew her support for the Tobacco Grower's Co-Op of Victoria. Her self serving actions lost $27Mil in farm gate sales and another 1Mil in lost wages at the threshing plant in Myrtleford. Taking the multiplier effect into account this adds up to a loss of $90Mil for the economies of the towns in the King, Ovens and Kiewa Valleys.

Despite it being public knowledge that Sophie took money from BAT and PM no inquiry over the potential conflict of interest was ever held... possibly because Sophie was head of the commitee that should have overseen the investigation.

If you happen to live in the electorate that self serving, evil bitch represents please don't vote her in for another term. She's had her snout in the trough for far to long.

I can remember smoking the old QLD "CHOP CHOP" ,...was a bit like smoking a pouch of White Ox that has been left sitting on the dash of your car for about 3 Summers... lol.

you just took me back to my younger days. OX was all you could find around my old stomping ground. People seem to get a taste for it after being isolated for a while.

I can still taste how rough that stuff was lol