Petition to the Legislative Assembly of Western Australia

Why has this thread not continued to gain interest.

this has obviously not been advertised and publicized properly.

Considering how important this issue is, I believe that we need to start pushing this issue.

I will post this link on my Youtube channel, were we have received 3,000 views within 1 month.

youtube dot com/user/TheBrokeStoners

Its time for change.

Edited by thebrokestoners

Good effort to everyone who participates in these survey's and is advocating for change. The drug war does not work. It is ridiculous and senseless to pursue a war against a weed that is less harmfull to humans then alcohol and tabaco.

The drug war was built on good intentions however it has been ineffective in its intentions.

Marijuana legalisation would result effectively in taxation that could be used to improve Australia's healthcare system or generally improve our economic climate.

Marijuana is everywhere and can be found everywhere. The money goes directly into the wallets of organised crime, drives prices up and results in problems for the consumer and the state. Our prison systems and court systems are awashed with people who have been directly effected by this senseless drug war.

I don't smoke marijuana or grow marijuana. But I know people who use this drug recreationally and are uneffected negatively, there are millions of people in Australia who fit this profile and should not be branded as criminals.

Best of luck to those people who dedicate their time, energy and money into advocating for a change in law. There should be more people and they should feel safe to share their opinion without the threat of prosecution. Everyone who I talk too and is educated agrees. I have rarely come across an educated and aware individual who supports illegality. Only in several instances people who support prohibition for the profits gained through the illegal growing and trafficking of marijuana bud.

Good luck to you people.

Kind Regards,

Ballarak

Hey just wondering if this petition is still going, I have many upon many stoner friends who are very civil and would love to join in such a cause as well as advertise it amongst people they may know within the community. If so I will do my best to get this ball rolling, including going out in public and gathering signitures.

Blaze it up ladies and gentlemen!

Why has this thread not continued to gain interest.

Because apathy is prevalent in australia, even amongst this community.. generally speaking of course. Most of us don't realise we can stand up and that it's not that hard. It just means taking initiative.

And Mongy I'll put me hand up to take one of those petitions for tassie. Got a link?

I agree Sal. Gotta break the pre-determined paradigm of criminality. naturopathy, homeopathy and all the athies- some say a little wacky but perfectly legal. We must demand the facts from unbiased sources, statistics, profit margins and suchlike. Name the companies and their vested interests in having cannabis prohibited. Gotta make the GREEN connection re all forms of cannabis. Textiles, building materials (chip/fibre board), Huge reductions in chemical treatments of all paper products, clothes etc. If the general public can be shown this in a language they will understand it will happen. Expose prohibition Profiteers for what they are. Just like the Polluters. Every one of us each to his own measure of capacity. I haven't even mentioned Pharma and we've hypothetically re-distributed billions of dollars from a few to a wider community

Peace Sal. v :sun:

• Upvote 1

I will be adding my signature but I'd also like to know roughly how close are we to the 10,000 signatures mark?

Also, it might be encouraging to post the approximate number here from time to time so people who haven't signed feel more like it's worth doing. Signing a petittion that was created years ago seems pointless when there is no further feedback...

Change is coming: The postive sign is that some of America's states are legalising medical mainly to gain tax revenue through dispensaries. As the fiscal cliff looms with a massive black hole, I really see the US Federal Government lifiting prohabition like they did with alcohol to gain taxes without burdening the people. Once each state proves they can manage the dispensaries and see cash revenue you will see other nations following suit. Uk really needs to take proactive action and once they start decriminalising cannabis use it will finally allow politicians in Australia to place it on the agenda and talk about it openely. The laws are completely outdated using 1950 policy and all that has been achieved is hardship for the average joe wanting a smoke and big business for organised crime gangs and the police. Edited by lookinggoodguys