Foolproof cannabutter

I was asked in chat for a cannabutter recipe a few times, and just never got around to it, so here it is, in all its glory.

Recipe:

2:49 pm [sTONEDAJ69] : best method for butter - use an electric frypan with a thermostat, I personally use a KAMBROOK available from bigW for about $60, it has a thermostat from Min to 10 - its perfect at around 3.5/4

put a saucepan in the frypan (remove the handle if possible to avoid melting)

slowly melt 1kg butter,

then put in enough REALLY FINE shake so that theres no excess butter - ie the butter is supersaturated with leaf n shit,

then SLOWLY simmer for between 12 and 36 hours, just depends how patient you are and how stealth you need to be.

The best way to tell when its truly ready i feel is when the butter pools on top of the shake in the pot.

Special Tips:

DO NOT USE WATER AT ANY TIME DURING THIS PROCESS. IT LOWERS THE QUALITY OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT SEVERELY.

The finer the shake the better.

STRAINING:

Depending on the equipment you have available, you might be able to use some sort of proper equipment, myself, im an idiot, so i dump all of the leaf and butter into a stocking over a bowl and while its still hot squeeze the holy shit out of it - probably not the most effective solution at all, but I havent found anything better as yet - be cautious, its fooking hot, and NOT RECOMMENDED unless you're a welder or something... lol.

• Upvote 1

Hey AJ.

The only real difference in our methods is that I use water. You claim it reduces the quality? can you explain what you mean?

Everything i've read seems to point to the water absorbing most of the 'green/chlorophyll' crap. This also makes sense to me.

Always open to a new way of doing something though if you can explain the science behind it.

Oh and I also strain the leaf through some sort of mesh into a bowl and place the whole thing (water + melted butter) into the fridge until the butter resolidifies on top which you then scrape off and ditch the green water.

Edited by Gibbo

Thanks for that recipe, but you sure need a lot of cannabis for something like this, one day I too hope to be in that position to make some yummy cookies. A most effective way of medicating oneself whilst around relatives and the like. From memory via the stomach last a lot longer and is very relaxing so more of a body stone.