a few questions...any advice/opinions welcome

I'm doing my 2nd grow, and I'm really happy with how all my plants are going - most of em are well into flower, and there's some nice looking buds :thumbsup:

Just noticed a couple things in the last few days though, and don't know whether they're cause for concern or not, so any advice/opinions are welcomed.

I'm growing outdoor (greenhouse), in soil in pots that are about 30cm diameter and 50 cm tall

Been feeding with seasol and powerfeed every 2 weeks

and I water when they're dry

Don't know any of the strains - most of em are bagseed

Ok...

A couple plants have got some leaves with only 3 points..the plants seem fine otherwise. Is this a normal thing? pic 1 shows some 3-point leaves, and pic 5 is the whole plant

On a different plant....I noticed a patchy light green pattern on only one leaf. As it's only one leaf I wasn't really bothered, but should I be?! you can see it in pic 2..

On this same plant, there are brown leaf tips, and also some of the leaf tips seem to twist at the end - also there is some yellowing on the lower leaves (which I just thought was normal during flower)...is any of this anything to worry about? Pic 3 shows the yellow leaves and some twisted tips, and you can see brown tips in pic 2..and pic 4 shows the whole plant

Also, this plant sometimes wilts slightly, and dries out quite quickly, is it possibly root-bound? If so, should I just leave it at this late stage or do something about it?

Otherwise, to me, these plants seem healthy.

Any opinions, advice please?

:peace:

post-43129-0-24570600-1299065061_thumb.jpg

post-43129-0-92348500-1299065430_thumb.jpg

post-43129-0-07239200-1299065682_thumb.jpg

post-43129-0-41002300-1299065887_thumb.jpg

post-43129-0-30999200-1299066194_thumb.jpg

Hey Valley Girl. Nice plants....don't wory they're looking healthy.

My advice ( remember opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one )

Don't play around too much with what you're doing...they look good

Change your fert to a bloom boosting fert & feed more regularly i.e. every 2-3 days

Good luck

I think they look great :)

Also a friend of mine had a plant with 3 point leaves, still turned out fine... more then fine if you ask me :P I wouldn't be too worried about it.

The only serious worry I would have with leaf discolouration is spider mite, have you checked?

Also I know you said you water when dry, but how often is that?

thanks for the replies :)

thanks mungas, yep I was thinking I should probably give em something extra while they're flowering..will get something this week

*Ryno*, I had spidermites AGES ago, haven't seen any since but I'll have a good look tomorrow. As for watering, these particular plants I water everyday, as the soil is always dried out in 24hrs. Others can be every second day, and a couple only need it a few times a week.

And cheers bigrat

thanks for the replies :)

thanks mungas, yep I was thinking I should probably give em something extra while they're flowering..will get something this week

*Ryno*, I had spidermites AGES ago, haven't seen any since but I'll have a good look tomorrow. As for watering, these particular plants I water everyday, as the soil is always dried out in 24hrs. Others can be every second day, and a couple only need it a few times a week.

And cheers bigrat

yup most deff a lil bit spider might, check for lil blackish looking dots under leaf , thats what they leave after sucking it , if you cant see em. if you find some that, go cacht a few lady beatles , i check roses for afids then usaly get abit of luck with one close by

dont worry about them lower yellowing it will hapen , the buds are taking all the goods outa the plant , so sun leaves suffer , i think something like that

throw a table spoon of malases , in your water can, good for flower, great for puting things in your soil that the other stuff dont give it

have fun looking fine bongon.gif

Edited by smashed1

yup most deff a lil bit spider might, check for lil blackish looking dots under leaf , thats what they leave after sucking it , if you cant see em. if you find some that, go cacht a few lady beatles , i check roses for afids then usaly get abit of luck with one close by

ladybugs hey? well I know I've seen a lot of em in my vegie garden, so maybe it's time to go bug-catching :)

I'm just about to go for my morning visit to see my girls, so I'll check the spidermite situation. Just waiting for some visitors to leave! <_<

thanks again for the replies everyone :peace:

I think looking very good.

all of above advice is good.

put yr pots in saucers up to three inches deep. let the nutrient sit there after it's soaked thru yr growing medium.

this weather you will see the plants suck the saucers dry in a few hours! plant drink more nutrient plant make more flower! every third feed should

be fresh water only.

thanks demistify, all of this advice is great, and definitely appreciated.

well I went out in detective mode, magnifying glass and everything, and no signs of any spider mites?! And it's still only the one leaf that's affected, so I'm not going to stress. I'll just keep checking every time I visit them ^_^

While I had the magnifying glass, I checked out the trichs on some of the more mature ones...looking good, one of my girls should be ready in about a week! :wub: