Easy Ryder

S.L.

this is a classic great film

did you know in the film when they are smoking grass they were really actually smoking grass!!!!

you can see jack nicholson get real high in one scene.

For those of you who are inclined to do so i would reccomend watching it and smoking whenever they are in the scenes and its quite a bit too!

Peace Out Folks :disguise:

yep, this is an iconic film. hopper, nicholson and who was the other guy all knew each other in real life too. they argued with the studios to get the film made. they were involved together in other films like this previously that did not make the big time but got the attention of the studios who realised big money lay out there in ... not quite the counter culture ... but in a young audience that demanded a more real representation of life.

these guys didn't have to play act these roles. their life was like that already!

what did you think of the mardi gras/tripping sequence in the graveyard? no acting there at all. saw karen black on tele just last week saying she can't recall being there ... said the crew was out of it too.

but the best scene I think was when the guys wheeled in off the road to the small farmers place and were offered a meal ... and hopper (?) told the farmer how nice he thought the farm and all was and said: "You're doing your own thing in your own time". which of course we all need to do, don't we?

yep, sad ending Brick ... but this is part of the myth of freedom too isn't it? I mean if you're into it you're into it absolutely. 'wild ones' had the same theme ... defy death knowing that one day it'll get you. it's the ultimate macho. the ozzie film 'stone' too. bikes and death, bikes and death, bikes and death ...

mind you I never would have jested about local 'poontang' in front of the local blokes like our heroes did.

and Rolling ... I don't mind if yr South African.

did you think of the mardi gras/tripping sequence in the graveyard? no acting there at all. saw karen black on tele just last week saying she can't recall being there ... said the crew was out of it too.

the graveyard seen had a strong effect it was very confronting.

Fonda speaks about his mother and shows the pain he has in that scene, and on the special features he said he never spoke about it and that it was true.

Also about that farm scene does he also mention about living off the land?

i like the hippy commune scene, especially when it shows the faces of them all. its like a time machine allowing me to catch a glimpe and feel of that special time.

How about those rednecks esp the one with the catepilar hat, thats some scary shit right there esp since they were real rednecks and what they said wasnt scripted :helpsmilie:

last night i told my wife i want this song to be played when they burn me

Ballad of easy ryder

The river flows

It flows to the sea

Wherever that river goes

That's where I want to be

Flow river flow

Let your waters wash down

Take me from this road

To some other town

All he wanted

Was to be free