Neut burn?

wsup growers,

I have some brown/yellow spots on some of my plants, and the leaves are drooping even tho they are getting fed every 3 hours during the light period.

I suspect its neutrient burn, I just wanted some pro-growers to confirm my theory... or correct it

I recently bumped up the neuts from 2.2 to 2.5

post-41049-0-30482300-1295841292_thumb.jpg

post-41049-0-84032200-1295841310_thumb.jpg

post-41049-0-79325300-1295841402_thumb.jpg

back up theory...

It could also be concentrated light burn, I have dimpled reflectors around the plants.

As light hits a curved dimple it can bounce back to a concentrated dot of light because of the close proximity.

I recently transplanted 2 plants to bigger pots, and these 2 are most heavily effected. There shouldnt be any shock from the transplant because I simply put the small net pot in to a larger one and filled around it.

Medium: clayballs

Lighting: 400W MH and 400W HPS

Temps: 28-31 lights on

Hrmm. I don't see any burning at the tips. This looks like what some people call rust spots. It can be from a build-up of salts. A good flush should do the trick.

I have had some plants do this with a mag def also. If the flush doesn't help i would go some epsom salts.

Td

2.5? that's a bit high for my liking. I try to keep mine around 2. For me and my setup anything 22ish or over and I can see a marked decline in health.

When was your last flush? How regular are your flush cycles?

Is that browning happening to the upper leaves, it's a little difficult to tell from the pics.

I've found that the lower, older leaves do start to get spots and then brown off and die when they aren't getting optimal or direct light. If this is the case its nothing to worry about too much, as you want the buds on top, not the leaf underneath.

Give it all a good flush, lower your ec and see how you go.

Merl1n

hi PS & welcome to the grow dairies - A nice plant bud !:applause:

cyber ....Those baby plants are being fed nutes at a strength of 2.2 EC ? wow, way overkill. poor babies. What ph is your nutrient/feed solution ?? looks like .........they are calcium spots ....

yer cybers surely right on one count "the nutes are high" - looks like a flush, then flush and then dry out & resum - but on the "calcium spots" i dot hazad a guess.

:yinyang:

Nitty.

Thanks guys.

ph 5.8 - 6.2

I wanted to keep bumping up the nutes until I saw some burn so I could test the limits.

I also have some older plants in the same setup that don't mind the stronger neuts.

I'll flush tonight.

Ive been flushing with just ph adjusted water, should I be using a weak neut mix?

I read this actually strips more neuts out?

How many flood cycles is enough to flush before I feed em again?

cheers

Edited by Pleb Scrubber

Personally, this is my process for regular flushing.

Throw out your used nutes,

Fill tub with pH adjusted tap water, turn the pump on and flush

I flush (pump on) for a solid hour,

Then throw that water out and flush again.

I do this 3 times, then refill with pH adjusted nutes.

I do this every fortnight

Merl1n

I wanted to keep bumping up the nutes until I saw some burn so I could test the limits.

If my Ph goes up i put in more nutes. If the ph goes down i add water. If the Ph doesn't fluctuate i know my plants are happy. A bit safer way i find of testing limits.

This is something my uncle taught me.

Td