different finishing times in one hydro system

Guest weekprik

I actually have this problem now,

I didnt flush them both as this will affect both the yeild and the finished buds so I suggest NOT to flush both,

What I have found to be the best solution if they are only like 1 or 2 weeks apart, Is to use a flush agent like Final flush,

As using it means you can flush them both at the same time BUT over 2 days is all is that is required. So I plan to keep it normal nutes untill the G13 trichomes turn cloudy, then flush for 3 days on the final flush product.

maybe Im not doing whats the best but It makes sense to me,

the problem with flushing them both together is due to osmatic pressures it would mean one would be empty whilst the other still had nutes in her, causing a nute deficiency and effecting yield.

The Final flush is also good for correction of overfertilising.

uuuhhh,Weekprik, you've talked about "Final Flush" in sort of abstract terms, can you direct us to any sites or other info about this product? I'm curious about it, and I can't find anything... :rolleyes:

On the flushing prob, hmmm, that's a good one pipe...

If you're going to be running some plants on nutes for longer than others, then I'd suggest installing a second control bucket of fresh ph adjusted water to connect to each plant as it comes time to flush it... You'd have two controls, but the flushing process could be fairly far apart, depending on strains, and you don't want to kill the poor things if you don't have too... For instance, if the plants are only 2 weeks apart in finishing overall, then you should be okay, but if their 4 weeks apart, say you have a problem with one plant and it needs some time to recover, then you could lose any plant which is flushed for too long... 4 weeks is a long time to go without nutes, and unless they're fairly strong, I'd have to say you'd be skirting it there....

This is just my humble opinion of course, I've never run a plant for 4 weeks without nutes, seems kinda silly, but yeah, I'd say just install a control you can progressively hook up to each bubbler as it needs to flush, and eventually you'll have all of them on it and none on the nute control, which you'd then remove...

Hope that helps mate... ;) Can you name the strains you're planning to use?

Okay, just had a quick search on cannagenetics and found this...

The Shiskeberry is a large cola, minimal branching plant, only 6 weeks...

The ak47xc99, I couldn't get much on this from here, but they say 8weeks and a good yeilder...

White Rhino is an 8 - 10 week plant, a sativa/indica mix about 60/40 with good yeilds and like ww, can go the extra 2 weeks from 8 for resin...

And the Misty is a supposed sister of the White Widow line, good yeilder, but not massive, good trichome production and strong...

Uhh, that's what I found quickly, so you've got a 4 week gap between longest and shortest flowering/harvest time... So yeah, I'd go with the second control bucket being progressively attatched as they mature... removing the plants in staggers will give more light to those later plants... probably improving yeilds in the end...

Hope that helps... :D