different finishing times in one hydro system

Guest Field_of_Light

Pipes...how much differenc in finishing time 1 week or 2?...you can always just leave the early finsihers in till the others finish and flush em together....

Or drop your nutes levels by 50% so you dont have so much cehmicals in them anyhow...and then multipick...

Or just flush for 3 days then reintroduce your nutes to other plants....

Just some ideas....

I know what ya mean. I've got 2 trays to catch runoff , 4 plants in each tray.

The pump feed splits off a T intersection. Each tray feed line has an inline tap. I have a recirculating system, so I don't know how different that is to yours. I put the later finishing strains in the back tray. I grow 4 strains max at a time. When it's time to flush the front tray, I close off the back line, slide the res out of the way and put the pump into a bucket of fresh water. I use 2 buckets and they area bout 1/3 the size of the res, so they fit in its place easily. The drain tube goes into the other bucket.

I give em a real good flush, and the trays are set to hold about 2 cm of water in the bottom. Pull the buckets out, put the res back in, and turn the back tap on, the front one off. From here I hand water the front tray

till about 3 days before harvest, which is how long the water in the bottom of the front tray takes to dry up. I only have to do this for a few weeks max, and only water once a day as the roots get enuff from the bottom of the tray. Dunno if you can modify this to suit your setup.

I'm thinkin of going to smaller trays with feed and drains and four lines withtaps for greater control, becaus I will not learn and will not be told and will cotinue to love mixin those strains up.I get so bored with just one.

i heard using just an organic booster such as A&B organics or 'budswell' for the last few weeks will help sort this problem - especially when using a single recirculating reservoir feeding different pots growing different strains.

Say eg you have a strain that finishes at 10 weeks & another at 8/9 weeks. What you do is cut down nutes say week 6 or so to run weaker & weaker. When flush at say end week 7 just use booster no nutes after. I suppose try & just use plain water for week 9/10.

anyone else help on that one?

Dunno what that has to do with leggo tho?

Flush em all at the same time, I done it 100000000 times, theres really not that much difference in strains until you start growing pure sativas or whatever, but most popular indoor hybrids take 8-9 weeks. If you do 2 weeks flushing time a week off or a week too much isnt any real concern.

Im currently growing 6 different clones in 8 buckets.