Personal or Profit

Hi people,

Just wondering here if people grow for personal stash or thay grow for financial gain.

I myself grew me first crop small for personal. It went quite well.

So i am thinking of goin larger say 20-30 plants in a drip system in like flodd and drain table with pots and drippers.

say 1600 watts at 20 plants.

Should be good

cheers drummerlars

I grow for personal only, I won't even sell to friends, a few board members can testify to that.

I figure if I sell some here and there sure its a little extra money but its not going to make any real difference to my lifestyle, so why take the risk? To make an appreciable difference financially in my life I'd have to move major amounts, which I am just not even prepared to consider. So all in all I prefer to keep my nose clean. If I start selling on the side I'm really risking a lot for very little gain.

I grow for personal use.

However I do give freely to some really close friends only. They normally give me back in kind when I'm out.

Occasionally I will sell a little, but only to really close friends & at a really good price for a really good product so everyone is happy - these are the people I have already given lots too & they would feel guilty if they kept on taking & didn't give me something back in return. My electricity & nute bill is high. I only ever 'sell' at cost, not profit, to close mates only.

I grow for pleasure & enjoyment - it's my hobby. Just as some of my friends are into home brewing - I'd be pissed if they started charging $3.00 for a bottle of home brew - but if a friend who brews gives me a slab of his finest I don't see anything wrong in slipping him a few bucks to cover his costs.

Wouldn't it be a better system if those who wanted to could grow freely & supply their mates rather than at the moment where you have some greedy people in it for profit only & big gangs monopolising the supply.

: )-~

Edited by budsta

I'm like Pipe, purely perso.... You're right mate, it's a lot of risk for a very, very little gain... Some select friends are pleasantly surprised every now and again.... I like to give out free bud to those down on their luck... IF I happen to be carrying some that is... (rare), and I meet someone who is obviously a smoker... and in genuine need of something... ;) But I never charge a cent for it....

After all, the stuff grows on trees y'know.... (Well, herbaceous perennials, but close enough.... :rolleyes: :;): )

I opperate a commercial marijuana farm at 17 grower road, Mullaway.

No not really, cos it would be quite stupid to brag about commiting crimes to complete strangers wouldn't it?

I myself grow for purso, but if I didn't grow and I sold all that pot, I would get another 30k or so per year, and that is just my purso. So if I was selling i'd run a coupla 1000w's and then be in the money. Its fucking worth the risk. But it just aint right.

People should learn how to grow buds, properly and safely before going pro.

Guest weekprik

I sell my ecxess buds (if I ever have any), But only because many people want my product, no one has buds like I produce so instead of my mates buying shit unflushed crap I sell them for the same price and give them Quality.

I never sell myself, I Have a cousin that has lots of mates, so all I do is give him what I wanna sell and he does everything, therefore NO risk to myself,

My closets mates I offer free clones and try to get them growing their own,

I recently helped a seriuously ILL with cancer person by setting up a grow room for them and gave them the free seeds I got from treatingyourself.com and I want some more from JRS for her as well,

Nice work WP - Karma to you dude. I grow for personal. I have a lot of friends that smoke and a few that grow. All the growers in our circle (5) have a floating account sort of thing. If one of us is out, we grab an oz of one of the others, then when the next person is out we give them an oz.

I also give it to my little bro and a few hard working friends in local establishments that would otherwise be spending their 20 bucks of hard earned tips on one gram - for a weed I tells ya. I also like making edible presents for my friends at xmas, birthdays. Last easter I had a few ozs of this sativa I grew that I wasn't that keen on, so me and gf filled easter eggs with pot and gave them to a bunch of people. I love the comeradery between personal growers. It's all about the love put into the bud, and sharing that bud with someone else. Have you ever grown a bud, tried it and not thought "I cant wait to give a cone of this to (fill in best friends name here)." Now I understand why all those old dudes crap on with pride about their tomatoes. Ask most growers where they got their first clone and they'll say "from a friend"

Peace. Pass it round.

Vaz

I grow for pesonal use only.

I couldn't sell if i tried, I wouldn't know where to start, I'm no salesman i'd end up giving credit and loose out.

And now that i grow indoors i dont even end up with enough for myself, So it costs me way more to grow than just buying all year.

So i guess i mainly just grow because i enjoy it.

I grow manley for perso but will get rid of a little bit just enough to cover my power bill and any other little bits and pices i need for my next grow, i give what i am going to sell to a good frend and he flogs it off for me i wouldent sell any more then $350 worth :rolleyes:

Guest GrowMad

I don't think that it's such a great idea to sell if u grow, it adds an extra risk u don't need... It is hard not to sell some tho... ;)

I like the Idea of the easter eggs... I think come next easter I will have to give that a try on some mates... Make some eggs with some buds inside and see their faces when it falls out of the egg... :rolleyes: