any ideas what's going on here?

Hey Merlin :)

as I said... still learning.. but they're doing ok so far.

have been spot on with ph and EC right up til last week or so. have thoroughly flushed them both now.

the main issue I haev now is one is huge.. the other shorter... light goes up to accomodate. so little one not getting as much now.:wallbash:

Have made a few adjustments to hose length to move pots around and think I'l put little one on its own reservoir up higher.

Live n learn hey? have a list of improvements ready for when these babies are done.

post-41195-0-75341800-1292408146_thumb.jpg

post-41195-0-86007200-1292408111_thumb.jpg

post-41195-0-41191700-1292408102_thumb.jpg

post-41195-0-30022300-1292408129_thumb.jpg

One last question... does trimming the shade leaves off help at this stage? the big one I've not trimmed..the little one got a major haircut. (these are the after shots)

Cheers :):bongon:

Edited by sparkyblue

Hi sparkyblue & welcome to OS :thumbsup:

Revs right with dumping the vemiculite - it's just shit it is :whistle: .

As for the white "bleaching" it is most likely a result of micronutriant lock out which arises from various sources such as; Over fertilization (too much nutriants); water/feed ph high/low; water logging @ roots vemiculite desease - lol :bongon: ; or any combination ot those.

Remidy has been given - a 'decent long flush' folowed by a decent dry out ! :applause:

Grow well sparky !

:yinyang:

Nitty.