any ideas what's going on here?

Howdy All :)

Am back again with a few more questions.... went down tonight and noticed that the very top of one of the main buds loks a tad weird.

Have chucked a couple of pics here.. hopefully they're clear enough to see.

post-41195-0-52976400-1292146925_thumb.jpg

post-41195-0-91287900-1292146915_thumb.jpg

Also just a question about theother one... its been a bit of a dwarf looking thing, seems to have white hairs to say she's a girl.. but just doesn't seem to be doing much in the bud department. It looks bushy and promising. I did the whole "try n break her arms" to get her to spread and Im just wondering if its just slowed it down a bit because of that. Ive had to move my light up cos the other one is a monster. just wondered if its not getting enough light

once again.. couple of pics for general idea...

post-41195-0-69493500-1292147077_thumb.jpg

post-41195-0-14006800-1292147131_thumb.jpg

Any help or advice greatly appreciated :)

How close was the light? Looks like light burn to me. I compared it to what I have done to a plant I have growing. Mine is not as severe and only one leaf. The colouring is the same as your leaves.

Yeah brick has hit the nail on the head, light burn causes that sort of damage(it is in fact IR burn, there was a good series of articles on it in Maximum Yield last year sometime).

A bugger but at least now you know how close you CAN'T go :wallbash:

:peace:

Hi there sparkyblue

I see two different types of damage here. Burn from the closeness of the light on individual leaves and a nute or salt burn on the very tips of each leaf.

So I agree with both Brick and Vivaa. Flush a bit more regular or lower your salt levels a bit and lift your lights a bit. If you have no room to lift your lights then tie your plants down to get them away from the bulbs.

Merl1n

Thanks heaps everyone.. I'm still a novice at this stuff.

I moved my light up a bit, and tied the plant over a bit as well to get it away from heat. No more leaves seem to be affected so far.

I feel like a right idiot.. I havent flushed them at all :( (apart from water overnight on sunday cos i was too lazy to be assed late that night so tipped water in instead and re fed on monday night.

How often do i need to flush them and for how long do you reckon? ( they are in an auto-pot smart-valve system)

Also..one final question... can you use superthrive while they are budding or am I better off just getting BudXL or similar? I used Superthrive for a couple of weeks in veg stage. just wasn't sure about flowering.

Thansk again for all your help :)

Hi, I cant see what medium you are using in the auto pots, if it is perlite take the pots out and give them a good flush once a week.

If you are using coco still a good flush once a week and drop the nutes down, also the optimum ph is 5.8 which is the plants best setting to take up all the relevant nutriments.

:peace:

Cheers Rev :)

I'm using vermiculite as a medium. I broke my ph pen a littel while ago lo have been a little lax in that department. On the nutes i use (growrite & budrite) its says optimum ph is between 5.8 and 6.3 Think I've mostly kept them at the upper end of that until last week or so where I have no idea what it is. New ph pen is on the way, fucked if I can use the litmus strips. lol

Think I might give them a flush out tonight to be on safe side. this is my first ever crack... have already got my next grow planned better ;)

Thanks again :)