Cleaning A Glass Bong

Just a tip for the uninformed:

You can get a glass bong all squeeky clean and new by using methly spirit and rice... yes...RICE! The rice acts as a scourer.

Anyone have any other methods? I hate a dirty bong. :sick

This is by far the most efficient way to clean glass that I know of, sometimes I've used sea salt instead of rice, works well too. deff metho though, works like a charm.

Im not sure if its available here but in the states I had a ROOR glass piece that Jesus Christ himself would have been proud to have smoked from.

The best thing I ever used to clean it was a product called Orange Chronic.

Smelled llike oranged and made my funky ass, resin crusted pipe look like it was new.

Mind you this ROOR was all glass. Down to the removable glass screen.

Those Germans can make a pipe.

Worth every cent ($225 USD back in 2002).

Im not sure if its available here but in the states I had a ROOR glass piece that Jesus Christ himself would have been proud to have smoked from.

The best thing I ever used to clean it was a product called Orange Chronic.

Smelled llike oranged and made my funky ass, resin crusted pipe look like it was new.

Mind you this ROOR was all glass. Down to the removable glass screen.

Those Germans can make a pipe.

Worth every cent ($225 USD back in 2002).

RooRs are amazing. I bought one mid last year, and owning something as high-end as that made me want to keep it as clean as possible.

I'm even considering buying another one just for shits n gigs :thumbsup:

I'm with nugget on that one, must have improved it greatly 'cos it used to be rubbish, infact all the branded bong cleaning solutions I have tried have been next to useless.

Metho and rock salt it still my usual method, works a charm even after months of neglect.

To those who say yuck to metho sorry but you need to stop and think for a minute or two, methylated spirits is clean, relitively pure and safe compared to many of the other cleaning agents mentioned here, leaves little to no residue if rinsed properly and is considerably cheaper than most alternatives.

Just don't use metho from the bargain stores (go-lo, reject shop, $2 shop ect...) as they sell very low quality metho that actually smells like turpentine and leaves an oily residue.

:peace:

I asked the question on cleaning a while ago so I considered all the options and I ended up with not wanting to use metho or anything i wouldn't use to wash the dishes I eat off, so I just put it in the dishwasher lol

I did that once, broke my bong and made all the dishes I washed in the week after that smell like bong.

Metho is pretty safe, it evaporates real quick and with a good rinse you'll never know it touched your glass.