Dry Leaves

Try to find potting mix with no added fertilisers. The premium types I have seen have ferts like osmocote stuff, water crystals, bunch of other stuff probly to make it sound good. I would go with something no thrills thats not too barky.

I am making my next soil mix up for my next grow with the following:

- 60% potting mix

- 15% perlite

- 10% builders sand

- 10% mushroom compost and

- 5% blood and bones fert

I am hoping this will add up 100% of goodness for my new plants. time will tell!

Hi there DonJohn,

Even though they are seedlings I ain't a great fan of the distilled or spring water. They still need some nutes and although some would argue that the potting mix should supply enough nute for seedlings, i use a 1/2 strength pH adjusted mix using straight tap water. I have tried spring water with terible results, they died, my nutes recommend 1/2 strength for seedlings anyway and have a warning that it is best to use tap water. There is something in tap water that my plants need.

Plants need a rest period. 18/6 gives them the rest they need. Also seedlings do like HID lights to start, try a fluro until the 2nd or 3rd set of leaves appear. At the age they are at, its like putting a newborn in a 40 c direct sunlight. The poor little buggers will fry.

Just some advice

Merl1n