Dry Leaves

Hi all

I just started growing a few seeds and the setup is as following:

400w hps coltube

Wardrobe

Soil grow

temp between 20-30

The seedlings are now about 1 1/2 weeks. The first real leaves have come through and are getting quite big and the other leaves are starting to grow. The problem is the leaves are starting to become really dry and brittle. Some look moist in the middle but then really dry on the edges. I have not fertalized but i may have overwatered (found this out after looking for an answer)?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

DonJohn

• Downvote 1

Don John, I can't see any ventillation in that cupboard? If you got a cooltube being run into cupboard and out seperate from the main part of the cupboard, you still need to ventilate the main part of the cupboard. Have you checked your temp's in there, bet they are off the scale, if not check your humididty, are you ventilating when lights are off too? Just some ideas, hard to tell without you filling out the grow details as listed before every diary. best of luck dude. Gh72

ok proper details

Soil: Yates Premium potting mix

Lights: 400w hps cooltube, 24hour light for growth, light is about 1 meter above plants

Air in and out: Passive air intake, Hellar Ventilation fan 250mm, small pedistal fan

Nutrients: none give yet

Temp: usually around 25-28

Time of problem: almost 2 weeks in, before this everything looked healthy.

Water: Distilled water, ph of 6.9 for first week and then spring water used same ph but with mineral content: Potassium =1.6, sodium= 40, calcium= 3.6 bicarbonate 9.0, manesium=11, Chloride =80 mg/litre

Leaves have now also gone a rust golden and brow colour in places.

hope this is enough info.

Nice work DJ =), are you running that fan 24/7, you need a bit of ventilation at night to stop it getting too humid. Maybe, just maybe it is from that. i take it it's a heller 250mm exhaust fan, make sure it's a ball bearing fan , not nylon bearing if your going to run it for extended times, better still get a small 150mm Centri fan and a carbon filter and be done with it, can run that 24/7 no worries. Also veg them on 18 hours on, 6 hours off with the light, every living creature, plants included like a bit of sleep =). Peace. Gh72

Hey Don John, yeah, if they get "wet feet" (overwatering or over retention of water)they can go that way, If the pots are on a flat surface, raise them up so they can drain away properly, I have had mine do something similiar. Sorry for all the different advice, just trying to narrow it down for ya =). Rusty coloured droopy leaves and a lack luster growth.

we'll get there in the end.lol. Gh72