How safe is your glass in the eyes of the law?

Ok so u get that knock at the door the one every grower dreads, an angry cuntstable/orifice with a search warent of corse if you are growing you are gonna loose that but i ask what is the go with your bongs and pipes? obviously if you are in a state where such apparatus is illegal then the cops will most likely take it off you but im in Victoria and just wonder what would happen to my pride and joy.

Do they seize them all? do they only seize them if they are being "used"? If its clean, sitting on a shelf on display is it still gonna get confiscated?

I would like to believe that if the bong is clean, and on display on a shelf it would be like any other thing in the house but if it is dirty with obvious residue from the herb then the cops might eye it off

I ask this because i own a nice bong and am about to order a nice slide to kick the collection off and wonder what would happen if that day ever comes.

If someone know the laws or can shed some light on the matter id like to hear from you

sylar420 out

I never been put in such a position but like you I keep it all clean when not in use pretty much so would have my lawyer argue very hard to have them returned if they were confiscated for any reason.. My take on the situation is that there is nothing stopping me using any of my glass ware for smoking tobacco and if clean I should be able to prove they are not used with illegal substances, I own a hookah and have flavoured tobacco around so I could argue the point with cops or in court. I don't grow at home so that aspect doesn't worry me and I am pretty confident that if for what ever reason I get searched by cops that I will have a very good chance of retaining any glass that is clean (have to be realistic that I may lose something dirty or oil stuff) but also I have always in the past had good experiences with cops so not too paranoid about dealing with getting caught with weed/bongs again :bongon: Edited by JohnnyBlazeJnr

Yea an oil rig would be free game for the cops cos it could be argued its illegal in Victoria due to the ability to vape meth in it.

As for my glass i was gonna get a few different pouches of pipe tobacco and keep it next to the collection in tins and claim its for a "legal" nicotine addiction :bongon:

I do plan on getting a hookah soon along with herbal and tobacco shisha and keep it all in the same shelf so i can prove its for legal herbs not dope. I geuse if the find a tin of dope on the shelf where its on display then they can say ha ha its drug paraphernalia! but if there is only tobacco next to it and all glass is clean then there shouldn't be any grounds to confiscate it cos there is reasonable explanation and proof...to some extent

as for getting your layer to fight for it in court, do they keep your glass until then or "dispose" of it and only keep pictures?

Id like to think they would say "yea i threw it in the dumpster at the station" and just claim it themselves the cunts

If the pigs did go to confiscate the collection i think id still push the lot to the floor and get the satisfaction of smashing in front of them and not handing it to the pigs

Ok so u get that knock at the door the one every grower dreads, an angry cuntstable/orifice with a search warent of corse if you are growing you are gonna loose that but i ask what is the go with your bongs and pipes? obviously if you are in a state where such apparatus is illegal then the cops will most likely take it off you but im in Victoria and just wonder what would happen to my pride and joy.

Do they seize them all? do they only seize them if they are being "used"? If its clean, sitting on a shelf on display is it still gonna get confiscated?

I would like to believe that if the bong is clean, and on display on a shelf it would be like any other thing in the house but if it is dirty with obvious residue from the herb then the cops might eye it off

I ask this because i own a nice bong and am about to order a nice slide to kick the collection off and wonder what would happen if that day ever comes.

If someone know the laws or can shed some light on the matter id like to hear from you

sylar420 out

The Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Amendment (Prohibition of Display and Sale of Bongs) Bill 2010 was defeated on 25 May 2010.

Details of the Bill can be found in the Victorian Legislation and Parliamentary Documents at http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/

Click on Bills ... then click on No: 18 - Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Amendment (Prohibition of Display and Sale of Bongs) Bill 2010

:bongon:

Thanks Grace

I read the bill and it seems that they can only seize a bong if it is put on display for the purpose of sale, in no part of the bill did i read that it is an offense for an individual to own or collect bongs even if they are dirty. So they cannot confiscate a bong.

Or did i read it wrong Grace?

Thanks Grace

I read the bill and it seems that they can only seize a bong if it is put on display for the purpose of sale, in no part of the bill did i read that it is an offense for an individual to own or collect bongs even if they are dirty. So they cannot confiscate a bong.

Or did i read it wrong Grace?

Hi Sylvar

The Bill was defeated

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino/W...atus%202010.pdf

LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL MINUTES OF THE PROCEEDINGS

Nos. 169, 170 and 171

No. 169 — Tuesday, 25 May 2010

http://www.legislation.vic.gov.au/domino/W...m171-supp48.pdf

See pp 1100-1101

8. DRUGS, POISONS AND CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES AMENDMENT (PROHIBITION OF

DISPLAY AND SALE OF BONGS) BILL 2010 —

Debate resumed on the question, That the Bill be now read a second time.

Question — put.

The Council divided — The President in the Chair.

Ayes 16 Votes / Noes 20 Votes

AYES, 16

Mr Atkinson

Mr Dalla-Riva

Mr D.M. Davis

Mr P.R. Davis

Mr Drum

Mr Finn (Teller)

Mr Guy

Mr Hall

Mr Kavanagh (Teller)

Mr Koch