f***king theives

Man - sorry to hear that.

I've only been broken into once, but the bastards took everything from the place. I mean everything. Down to sheets off the bed! The police said they thought it might have been a young couple setting up house or something.

At the time I was working for myself in IT. They nicked my computers. Then they nicked my tape backup system (this was a number of years back). Then they though - oh look! Tapes to match. So they stole all of my backups :) About five years of documents goooooone.

Have always had kick ass security since. Plus a great dane. Try to get past HIM and he'll let you know what's what.

Good on the law for letting the beating slide. Always nice when you meet a sensible officer.

Tough brak mate.. At least through reading this it has sent a few people off to upgrade their security systems... I will be putting two sensors in downstairs and one upstairs i think. Can never be too safe, especially if i am looking to upgrade lighting etc. I have told all my mates that the grow is gone now and going stealth. We have the bird, who squarks like a mofo when anyone comes near the house but i like the idea of getting a phone call when the alarm goes off so i can get home and surprise the motherfuckers :) i am leaning towards a 1 wood as well, they get a bit of a whip behind them as you swing... and a satisfying thunk on impact.

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY TO GET PASSED AN IFRARED BATTERY BACK UP GSM ALARM.

oh yes there is. the very technology required can be found at some cinemas and other places they don't want people making phone calls..... cell phone jammer. not that expensive at all (or you can make your own).

So these alarm systems that go to ur phone... is that through the security company? or is it directly to ur phone?

I like to eliminate 3rd party involvement. As most people will claim, trusting no body is the simplest way to reduce security risk... plus I find it strangely empowering to create my own mysterious little world of growing cannabis...(muhahaha)

The reason I ask, is because my rental house actually has a alarm system installed, which im disappointed to say im not using currently.

Simply because i don't want it to go of when im not home etc, thus merely attracting more attention. I would hate for a nosey neighbour to get pissed off and call the police or someshit.

I dont actually have any manuals or anything, I was only given the code when i moved in, do u think I could suss something like this without involving the land lord?