outdoor growth plans

another thing i found good as pots is the otto bins u cut them in 1/2 drill a few holes in the bottom and off ya go  B)  i leave the wheels on so it can be moved around because that are bloody hevay when full of soil :D

that is a bloody superb idea ozmade. And if you left the full bin in tact it would be a good way to sex plants outside if the days are too long. Have em in soil in your bin and just open and close the lid to control the light period.

Otto bins, not a bad idea. Remember those small square black recycling bins? Maybe too shallow.. mine was pinched anyway!

Anyway, i've had a walk around the golf club and i'll probably grow there instead of behind my house. The soil is a lot better, more sunlight and as for security, not too sure. It's reserve land which has a water tower and mobile phone tower on it, blke/4wd tracks and rangers might patrol.

The site I found is a short walk off the path, the soil isn't too bad, the sorounding trees are 6' in height but nothing hangs overhead. Looks like my spot.

How long before I plant should I prepare the soil?

About sexing, if I do it before planting into soil, how long and how big does the plant have to be? I don't want to transplant a 2 foot plant B)

thanks

-duck

Guest weekprik

better to put it somewhere no one is likely to go, like walk through a swamp to get to the area or something,

I wouldnt put it a short stroll near a golf course B), kids look around the areas normally picking up and selling golf balls.

Wherever u put it, I would prepare the soil NOW!!, its getting closer to september.

Update:

I've gone to my place up a dirt track, off in the bushes. Dug a hole about a foot and a haf deep, a foot or so wide. It was a bit hard doing it as there were lots of rocks I had to remove but the hole is alright.

I'm going to fill it with potting mix and some ferts then water.. should last until September.

The thing is, I've only gone to the effort of digging one hole, so that's only one plant. I have my seeds ready to go.. should I concentrate on the one plant or dig more holes? The thing i'm afraid of is that half way through i'll find out that it's a male plant and it will be too late in the growing season to plant another female.

Thoughts?

thanks.

-duckau