outdoor growth plans

Guest bacchus

sometimes the tolerance of mj plants is astounding....some of the best outdoor plants i have ever seen were planted in rocky soil in the northern tablelands of nsw and the soil was so bad that a crowbar was used to get the holes started....these things grew into monster plants and were only checked once a month if that....

i'm not saying that will work for every plant or every grower, just try to be as nice as you can to the plants and see how you go...i think that sometimes it's possible to overplan these things...by all means plan your grow and give your plants respect, but don't freak out too much

ozmade has a good tip...throwing some good decaying organic matter into the holes a bit before your plants is a good thing

@ozmade - what kind of problems have you had with seed rasing mix, i have never had a problem?

bacchus

Would this pot be big enough?

-duck

yeah..looks like a pot for a plant that you'd germ just before winter..

you might get a few ounces from it...but don't worry..if you want all summer vegging then transplanting into the ground will be a must..

you could probably keep a seedling in that pot or abit smaller, in summer, for about 2-4 weeks..then it's time to go into the ground.

i got another tip 4 u... when digging holes for your plants.. try to dig a hole that is two to three times the size of the pot... or about the size of a bucket if it's a small pot.. break up the soil so it's not clumpy..and fill with water.. then chuck a bit of fert into the hole and drown ya baby to get it in...

NEVER USE A POST HOLE DIGGER... they create a hole with a polished rim and makes it hard for roots to penetrate.. you get orders of magnitude more vegetative growth in some soils if you do it properly.. i never grown in sand before.. but i have grown about 200 meters away from a beach and had no worries there..

oh yeah...before i forget..when you fill the hole in make a little dish shape .. this lets more water get to the plant instead of draining off..it doesn't have to be a severe dish shape..just enough so that water won't overflow it too quick..

Uno i got all this info cause i volunteered to do tree planting excercises for planet ark and greening australia.. it's amazing how fun and simple it can be to plant trees..hehe

Edited by Mr Putard

Guest bacchus
if you want all summer vegging then transplanting into the ground will be a must..

i would have to disagree on this one a little...

if for some reason you are unable to plant in the ground, you can keep your plants in a pot through the season, but make sure it is a large one, say about 40-50cm, (even a little bigger if you can) in diameter...i have seen grows in pots of this size that reach around the 7foot mark....like i said the yield won't be as good as in the ground, but you can keep plants in pots through the summer....

not saying putard is completely wrong here, but if for some reason you decide that you can't go into the ground, then you can have a reasonably successful plant in a pot...

so much info...so little time.....B) :D

good luck with it all duckau

bacchus

Edited by bacchus

Only a couple of months until September, getting excited already!

Theres a dam near my place, but its behind a golf club.. I might try one plant there and see how it goes, doubt it'll stay there though.

About the bush, i'll try and dig a hole and see how tough it is. Even if I just dig a big hole 2 foot cubed? and fill it with soil and dead things, water and leave, it might be ok. How long before I plant should I do this? about a week I think.

I live about 300m from the beach, apart from being on a slope, it's not too bad.

A question, what kind of quality would I get from this? Is the outdoor method known as 'bushweed'? I've heard that stuff isn't good at all.. I've only had indoor.

thanks for helping.

-duck

A question, what kind of quality would I get from this? Is the outdoor method known as 'bushweed'? I've heard that stuff isn't good at all.. I've only had indoor.

thanks for helping.

-duck

there was a topic devoted to this at http://www.shaman-australis.com/cgi-bin/ub.../ultimatebb.cgi

under ethnobotany there is a thread called hydro vs bush buds. Check it out, its an interesting read. Basically the jist of the thread was that outdoor buds are less potent but trippier. Less potent because the rain washes off the resin, and more trippier because as THC forms it eventually turns into cannabinol, which is more stone and less high, and with outdoor plants there is less cannabinol because of the rain.

I don't know if any of this is true, just what was said in that thread. Personally I think it would mostly depend on genetics.

duckau dont germ in your house mate, and dont get seeds sent to your house. Its not your house its your parents and they could get in shit.

that aside, don't worry about the potting soil, If your soil is sandy it is ok, you could mix some potting soil in if you wanted, and put in some blood and bone as well.

to germ use the paper towel method to crack the seeds, then once they have tails pop em tail up into a little pot, like a 140mm pot in some potting soil, let em grow to a few inches then take em to your site, dig big holes 2ft wide by 2 ft deep, fill em back up with dirt and potting soil, take any big rocks out.

Buy a bottle of fish emulsion or some kind of easy liquid fertilizer.

But I must stress that you gotta be careful, from what you've said I doubt your folks would appreciate there kid growing dope (holiday home, golf course), if you get caught by the cops they will look like bad parents.

And how are you gonna explain walking off into the bush with a watering can??

oh and also, dont worry about making seeds buddy, if you can manage to grow some pot it will be enough, kill the males.